Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What could you do with 10K!

Options
  • 06-04-2006 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭

If you had €10,000 to play with what would be the best way to use it to make more money i.e invest in shares, purchase goods for resale at proft etc. What do you reckon would be the quickest return?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭PDelux

Go to this link
    http://simulator.deltaindex.com/

and click on "check out the leaderboard".
    They all started with €10,000. Its a pretty quick way of making money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Beta2

PDelux wrote:
    Go to this link
    http://simulator.deltaindex.com/

and click on "check out the leaderboard".
    They all started with €10,000. Its a pretty quick way of making money.

Don't touch these with a 40 foot barge pole!! The term cowboys is too polite!!

I had issues with them and nearly ended up in court, they had stolen money from me, and I filled in my court papers, as soon as they were served they backed down and paid up.

They are not stockbrokers, they are bookmakers, Big difference!! They are regulated by customs and excise not ifsra.

The advice above is about as sound as telling you to walk into paddypower, and "diversify" on several horses!!

Only bet what you can afford to loose.

Regards

B2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Not something I would even consider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭PDelux

I have to laugh at both of you :)
    They are not stockbrokers, they are bookmakers,

The term "spread betting" gave it away i guess!
    Not something I would even consider
    Why not? Playing the stock market is gambling.

The Financial Times had a few articles on it recently:

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/5db40c4e-bb2e-11da-8f51-0000779e2340.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Yes of course it is gambling (probably a fairly intelligent kind) but its something I know nothing at all about. Does look interesting but not something I'd through cash into without knowing about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Beta2

PDelux wrote:
    I have to laugh at both of you :)

Fair enough :rolleyes:

Go to Vegas and double or nothing on black !!

but all joking apart many people are duped into believing that they are investing in stocks and shares, the markets delta index run are no different than the financial markets ladbrokes.com run, maybe tarted up a bit more to look like an investment company, but still a bookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Well why not become the bookie?

€10K is a pretty good bankroll to 'lay' on betfair.com . You just to use proper bankroll management with it, and it would be virtually impossible to go bust with it.

Advertisement