Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Broadband dead last night...

• 06-04-2006 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

Hello folks,
    did anyone else loose their internet connection last night?
    Is it back up today?
    (Smart in the Beggars Bush area)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

yes their was an unplanned outage last night
    From the smart website

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/showthread.php?p=3338#post3338

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Super! Thanks Brendan.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

In fairness to Smart they did attempt to keep customers up to date on the support forum even if accessing it meant having to resort to dial up!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Its a real pain that the phone goes down with the broadband too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

My phone was fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

On the churchfield exchange anyway everytime the broadband goes down, so does the phone. Dont they use some sort of VOIP in some of their exchanges? that would explain it. Might be different in dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭rowan

Broadband still down this morning (fri). Nothing for 3 days. I'm on the summerhill exchange. Phone works ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭The Mooche

My Linksys WAG354G worked perfectly until the Beggars Bush connection went the other day. Couldn't connect again until I switched back to their Aolynk thing. Anyone have any ideas? Could/did they change something? Any way (other than chaining the two routers together with the bridging method) I can get the Linksys to work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

I signed up about 2 months ago, still waiting, when I get connected Im guessing I'll be in the summerhill exchange too, I'm real close to there.

Advertisement