Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web stat analizer with no server setup????

Options
  • 06-04-2006 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, basically the company im working for don't have a web stat analiser yet, and it takes SOOOOO long for IT to do anything with the old old apache server and they will be installing webalizer or awstat but it could take months :)

I was wondering is there any alternative that you can put code into pages and get some stats that way? Even if it was just page impressions it would be a start, but anything more detailed that doesnt involve server installation would be great but i doubt it exists

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

www.statcounter.com is a great tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Thanks for the recommendation Gordon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 death2crazyfrog

The site gets a good few million hits a month so that one there looks great compared to nedstat STAY AWAY from that crowd !!

I think this will bridge the gap nicely, so also thanks for the recomendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

http://www.google.com/analytics

you will never look back! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

evilhomer wrote:
    http://www.google.com/analytics

you will never look back! :)

Except you have to wait a couple of months to get an invite to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Tried Google Analytics for months, hated it, dumped it. Site loads better without it too.

Statcounter is grand, and local too.

On local apps, I'd take awstats over webalizer any day. Webalizer is grand for basics, but seriously old hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Serbian wrote:
    Except you have to wait a couple of months to get an invite to use it.

Really? Didn't know there was a wait that long.
    I signed up at the begining, so guess I was lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 misetusa

I'd give statcounter the thumbs up as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cianuro

I agree with the google analytics vote. For as far back as I can remember, I always wanted to use Urchin. Now, I have moved most of my sites over to GA. Webalizer and Awstats took up a lot of resources, so I'm more than happy to let Google take over.

Advertisement