Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Picking up a car

Options
  • 06-04-2006 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

Howdi

Does anyone know if theres a company who will pick up cars in the uk and deliver them for you?

I sourced a car i want but cant get over to get it,i suppose the obvious is find a frined with a day to spare but unfortunatly thats impossible at the moment!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Does the car need to be checked over, or just collected? Are you buying it privately, or from a dealership?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Its a private sale,im getting a hpi and aa check done on it first to see what the story is with it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Some roadside recovery guys will do this - check in the Golden Pages - I reckon it'll be expensive. I know a guy who might do this for you. PM me if you want his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Try John Flynn 059-9143519 or 087-2990141 based in Carlow but does nationwide/UK and recently Spain ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

eireal wrote:
    Its a private sale,im getting a hpi and aa check done on it first to see what the story is with it

If you're buying privately then I really would make the time to go over yourself. Either that or pay someone you trust and who knows what they're doing to collect it. Paperwork has to be checked, VIN numbers, etc. I've done it myself a couple of times, and it's not worth taking chances on something as expensive as a car, IMO.

Just a thought, but would the seller agree to meet you in Holyhead? You could go over & back on the fast boat, it'd only take a couple of hours out of your evening (asuming you're near Dun Laoghaire). You could always agree an extra charge for this if the car is as described.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Sorry but I must say you are barking mad to buy any car unseen and undriven.

Advertisement