Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Barbers

Options
  • 06-04-2006 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭

anyone have any personal favourites or not so favourites?

personally i go to the barbers room beside doyle's on doyles corner. very good cuts and service. a tad expensive but your guaranteed to get a good cut and some cool mags to read!

trinity barbers near suffolk street are more expensive and unless you get the owner, grey haired chap, you might as well be going to the for a lucky dip

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I like the grafton barber on the top of grafton street. They have good student rates monday to wednesday before 2pm i think. A bit expensive but worth it i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

damn students

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Wilburt wrote:
    I like the grafton barber on the top of grafton street. They have good student rates monday to wednesday before 2pm i think. A bit expensive but worth it i think.

Yeah like the GB myself - free coffee with hair cut - the one on pembroke street isn't as good as grafton street - they do a nice hot towel shave aswell.

i've always heard that grafton barbers are a lucky dip

you could get a good cut or you could get butchered.

if anyone is looking for the bee's knees, go to dylan bradshaws opposite break for the border. lots of eye candy too...lots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

There's a small barbers in Ranelagh, just an oldish guy in a small room.

Very friendly place - stopped going there about 6 months ago when I moved.

A++++++ as they say in Ebay land

• Advertisement

blanchardstown?

T&#225 wrote: »
    blanchardstown?

Cabra?

WHAT???

A++++++ as they say in Ebay land
    blanchardstown?

thats ebay land isn't it

T&#225 wrote: »
    thats ebay land isn't it

Yes.

Yes it is.

Ebay own Blanch.

Lord protect us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 blackdiamondbay

the ranelagh barber is good - only 10euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

Barbers opposite Kitty Kiernans on Collins Ave, Near Donneycarney Churh off the Malahide road. Only a new place - Good Haircut, Usual 10euro price- Cool decor - And a playstation2 to play instead of reading last months magazines. I think they're getting Sky sports in for the matches on Saturdays !

Ask for Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

u2gooner wrote:
    Barbers opposite Kitty Kiernans on Collins Ave, Near Donneycarney Churh off the Malahide road. Only a new place - Good Haircut, Usual 10euro price- Cool decor - And a playstation2 to play instead of reading last months magazines. I think they're getting Sky sports in for the matches on Saturdays !

Ask for Peter

I'll check this place out.
    I recommend Tommy's in Artane. It's on the Malahide Road above Apache Pizza. In fact, its around the corner from this place

on the other side, the barbers (over the chinese) beside the viscount in whitehall - avoid at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

The merchant in temple bar is a quality place, has won awards and all, also do good student rates and all cuts a tenner miidweek before twelve or something i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Avoid knights in dundrum like the plaque. Went twice (havent yet grasped the concept of once bitten twice shy). Each time I got someone who could not speak english (Im all for immigrants coming over and working but They shouldnt be cutting hair if they cant understand instructions) and made a mess of my hair. Problem is it never looks that bad when you in the chair:rolleyes:
    Also the grafton barber in arnots is a lucky dip. Went once got a great cut went again and I came out looking like I dont know what. Im at a stage now where I dont now what to do, and my hair is terrible when i let it grow:( Might try that place in ranelaigh. Sounds oldschool, barbers are getting to flash/metrosexual these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

Just noticed over the weekend that the Barbers I recommended above has €5 dry cuts all day Tuesday and Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Scalped again:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wheres the nearest buddhist temple?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Don't ever go to the dalkey barber, in dalkey obviously.

Miserable frog eyed knacker bitch who cuts there, is v.rude and totally imcompetent.

Champs in dunlaoghaire ain't half shabby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭tamburlaine

I'll not be going back to Ranelagh Barbers anytime soon. I thought they were quite unskilled and essentially backward in their approach. Took far too much off despite clear instruction. It's important that one's hair is right. I'd be of the indie school myself so maybe that place was a little bit too old school for me. Maybe for those who have a penchant for a Morrissey-esque 80s do. Sheer and uneven. Only he can pull that off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

My usual place is the barber just off the Halpenny Bridge on Bachelors Walk (not sure what it's called but it's got a big 6 in the window ;)), they do a €6 dry cut from Monday to Wednesday which is available to everyone, not just students :) Usually a very good haircut, once or twice has been a bit dodgy but that's to be expected as I've been going there for a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I use either the Grafton Barber off Grafton Street, or Knights in Dundrum if I'm not bothered going into town.
    Would recommend both, Knights can be a bit touch and go the odd time but generally they give a good service/cut, Grafton Barbers is always excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

I usually go to either Grafton barbers in Arnotts (€20 wash & cut) or Regent Barbers Lr Fownes st (€15 I think for wash & cut). Happy with both.

Like the "traditional feel" of Regent's, full of old & new photos including one of Phil Lynnott who has to be the worst advert for a barber!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Barbers in Perrystown is woeful unless you get the old owner. Last time one of them gave out to me for having too much hair:eek: Almost refused to cut it. €13

Left that and went to barbers in the Carlisle Gym, Kimmage ( Non members welcome). €10 before 2 i think. Great cut, great barber, great value

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I bought one of those electrical shears sets that they use in the barbers, two years ago, and I have not been to a barber since.:)

istockphoto_968684_male_grooming.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

I must reccommend the barber in Heuston station.dam good cut and ya'd never know ya might meet a celeb or two in there.Small bit pricey but very much worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Babybing wrote:
    Im all for immigrants coming over and working but They shouldnt be cutting hair if they cant understand instructions

Yeah, your dead right there. I love Grafton barbers. Plenty of internationals there with excellent English. The head massages are amazing, I always walk out looking like a heroin addict! Regarding the hit and miss thing, if you get a good cut, get the girl/guys name, they have no problem with you asking for a particular chopper!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

dont go to the barbers in Rathmines anyway. Slow, uneven and very exspensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

I used to go to Sam's Barber in Dame Lane. Cost me a pound fifty for a reasonable cut. Not sure if its still there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭The Machine

The Waldorf Barbershop on Westmoreland Street is pretty good...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭LovetohateTV

Try out GMALE in Ranelagh, its a new business just opened and you get offered a free Cobra beer when you enter and on top of that you can watch all the LIVE football and all other sports just ask what you want to watch as you have your own plasma :)...also if your waiting you can watch the sports or play the xbox online :)...classic....plus the service and haircuts/hot towel shave (which i tried both) is top notch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement