Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ding dong ZedFM is dead!!!!

• 06-04-2006 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭

This is on the Hotpress website now:

http://www.hotpress.com/music/news/2858981.html

Finally!!! Those f**kers were like that thing at the end of the first Terminator movie - every time you thought it was over, they sprouted bloody legs and came back to life.

How d'ya like them apples? Hopefully now Phantom will get up and on air.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Great on all accounts, hope Niall Stokes is hit with a huge legal bill, another financial disaster for that cnut after his earlier woeful hot press hall of fame. And Geldof that ****'er

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

just glad all the bollox is over and a decent radio station can start broadcasting. some of the other stations attempts at "indie/alternative" shows are feeble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Never been happier to see someones dream go tits up, **** niall stokes and his cronies, ask the bell end of my b***ox bob geldof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Normally I'd close an abusive thread but in this case I'll make an exception ;)

lol, they deserve abuse, look how your bringing us all closer together by keeping it open, lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Im not really au fait with the proceedings and why Zed FM are so hated either. Could anyone explain the bad feelings?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Im not really au fait with the proceedings and why Zed FM are so hated either. Could anyone explain the bad feelings?:)
    Phantom FM were awarded the license by the Broadcasting Commission. After years, it was about time. People were relieved.

Then some ***** come along and start a lengthy legal process in the High Court reviewing the whole process. Years later, we're still waiting for decent music.

What a bunch of sore losers. They should have accepted it and moved on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Phantom FM were awarded the license by the Broadcasting Commission. After years, it was about time. People were relieved.

Then some ***** come along and start a lengthy legal process in the High Court reviewing the whole process. Years later, we're still waiting for decent music.

What a bunch of sore losers. They should have accepted it and moved on.
    Wasn't the reason for the appeal and subsequent judicial review that Zed were arguing that firstly Phantom benefited through their previous pirate status and also that the awarding of temporary licenses on previous occasions to Phantom was not in accordance with BCI's normal practice?

Sore losers? Well, I don't like Geldof or Stokes, but I'd imagine they had a whole load invested in the bid and when there's a sniff of a chance, you have to take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

Robbo wrote:
    Wasn't the reason for the appeal and subsequent judicial review that Zed were arguing that firstly Phantom benefited through their previous pirate status and also that the awarding of temporary licenses on previous occasions to Phantom was not in accordance with BCI's normal practice?

Sore losers? Well, I don't like Geldof or Stokes, but I'd imagine they had a whole load invested in the bid and when there's a sniff of a chance, you have to take it.
    ah they were slimeballs to begin with. i was at the original hearing with the BCI and they made all sorts of snide remarks.
    and to be honest. its a radio station managed by hot press. enough said.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Smurfpiss wrote:
    its a radio station managed by hot press. enough said.
    "And now, the Jumper Hour with Damien Rice"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Smurfpiss wrote:
    and to be honest. its a radio station managed by hot press. enough said.

Let's not forget that one of Phantom FM's major backers is Denis Desmond which by your reckoning would make it a radio station managed by MCD...

But he wasn't the founder of Phantom, he just backed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

That's true, but anything MCD connected makes me very suspicious. I'm 100% behind Phantom, just once it stays as the Phantom we all know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Phantom should hire me as a DJ. That is all.

Advertisement