Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bebop's Ed - he or she?

Options
  • 06-04-2006 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering what sex people think Ed out of bebop is. I know they're always calling Ed a she but Ed has never confirmed it. Some of my other friends argue thats Eds a he cause theres mention of a him when they first encounter Ed and the names edward, a boys name. Actually think they question his/her sex in the series a few times.

I kinda like the that androgynous part of Eds character, not really knowing n stuff :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Malafus

Yes, that's a running gag in the series. The consensus seems to be that Ed is female.

Ed's gender is never confirmed - though in the english language version I find that the ambiguity is gone, and (s)he just sounds female.
    carbonkid wrote:
    I kinda like the that androgynous part of Eds character, not really knowing n stuff

In what way? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've always thought she was a she, but perhaps that's because I know a girl in real life who's just like Ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Fenian

Ed says she is a girl in the Bebop movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

"Edward" is a she <--(very strange that that sentance makes sense)

Special features on the film DVD has an interview with voice actor saying "she" when referring to ed so id say thats one of the more reliable sources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Fenian wrote:

Oh yes, when she's going trick or treating, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Malafus

Oh yes, when she's going trick or treating, isn't it?

Ah yes... that's right. However, if I recall correctly; in the series, when she is reunited with her father, her father says "My daughter", or something along those lines, and then Ed says "or son"... or was it the other way round? Damn. It's been too long since I saw that series.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Fenian wrote:

Im going to have to check the movie out again cause i dont remember Ed saying anything about been a girl. Theres not much evidence pointing to Ed been a boy apart from the name and confusion at the start...maybe there is no answer and we're not ment to know for sure cause spike and the rest of them dont :p

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

Ed is a girl, i found that out when i read the Cowboy bebop hentai comic:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Never mind ed, even Faye is ambiguous:
    http://site.man-faye.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

Dude, so wrong, so very very wrong:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I don't get the in joke myself but Ed's supposed to be a girl.. Japanese humour I assume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

sharingan wrote:
    Never mind ed, even Faye is ambiguous:
    http://site.man-faye.com/

:eek:

I knew it! I suspected it for some time but that just proves it!

I always though of Ed as a girl. I remember the epoisode and I think it is the father saying "my little girl" or some such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Calm Horizons

In the episode where they first meet Ed, near the end Faye and Ed are off-screen and Faye shouts "Wait, you're a girl??!!!" and Ed start giggling. That kind of confirmed it for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ed was originally a boy but they decided to make her into a girl for the final product, hence the ambiguity.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

In the episode where they first meet Ed, near the end Faye and Ed are off-screen and Faye shouts "Wait, you're a girl??!!!" and Ed start giggling. That kind of confirmed it for me.

How does that confirm it?...Ed would probably giggle if you waved a lump of broccoli in his/her face :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dreh

For me he is a boy =p

Or some androgynus stuff hahahaa

Or we can say `it` no sex at all =)

But i still think its a boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

carbonkid wrote:
    How does that confirm it?...Ed would probably giggle if you waved a lump of broccoli in his/her face :p

Hell I'd giggle at that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Son Goku

Thomas%20the%20Tank%20Engine.jpg

The Collector's (or "mixed") DVDs state Ed is a girl when interviewing the cast, if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Girl

Advertisement