Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

government stamp duty on student credit card

Options
  • 06-04-2006 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

i checked my balance online and i noticed there is a charge of e40 for government stamp duty on my boi student credit card. i thought student accounts were exempt from such charges?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

no they aren't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

`You are exempt from transaction charges, but not Stump Duty, read the small print

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

This government would like to take away what little money students have left. Boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

ciaranfo wrote:
    This government would like to take away what little money students have left. Boo.

I'm a scholar in the university of Life, can I get free fee's also??

where ($word == "students")
    {
    $word = "people";
    }
    echo $word;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

students may enjoy zero "bank fees", but must still pay "government taxes" for example ATM card 10, credit card 40, chequebook 0.15c per cheque

interesing point, is is possible to avoid the ATM 10, by opening a deposit account with a book, can you still do that?

If you don't have an ATM card, you don't pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

A tax of any kind on credit cards is outrageous.
    Its basically a form of double taxation.
    You use a credit card to pay for goods /services which the Govt has their Vat and Tax cut of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

ciaranfo wrote:
    If you don't have an ATM card, you don't pay for it.

and where can you get a bank account without an ATM card?
    (oh rabo)

Just tell your bank you dont want one? I have one with Ulster Bank which I dont have a card for (it's a current account .. ) and I don't pay the tenner on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement