Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Therapy?

• 06-04-2006 1:06pm

I was a big therapy? fan back in the day but kinda stopped listening to them about five or six years ago...........anyway, noticed their website today and theyve released 4 albums in the last 6years.......i was pretty shocked, thats fairly prolific for a band their age. 11albums in 15years altogether. I was wondering have any of you heard any or all of these new albums and if so are any of them worth pickin up.

www.therapyquestionmark.co.uk

theyre called Shameless, High Anxiety, Never Apologise Never Explain and One Cure Fits All

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Shameless: Didnt like it at all.

High Anxiety: Fantastic album, tends to be sold cheap in places (got mine for a fiver in music-city) so theres no excuse not to buy this album!

Never Apologise Never Explain: Just bought it today, ill let you know later.

One Cure Fits All: Very good, really reminds me of the whole nurse era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Shameless: Never heard it
    High Anxiety: Pretty good, but over mixed.
    Never Apologise Never Explain: Not bad, some good, heavy tracks, but some real duds too.
    One Cure Fits All: Haven't heard it yet

They've also released a live album called Socophobia in that time period. It's superb, I can't recommend it highly enough.
    And they're due to be playing a few gigs in Ireland in the not too distant future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭LambDave

Been a massive Therapy? fan for four or five years now. Saw then in 2004 in Cypress Avenue...what a gig
    As for their recent albums:
    Shameless: Alright, pretty dark album, but by no means bad
    High Anxiety: An absolute classic in my eyes, although not my favourite due to Therapy?'s high standards in the nineties.
    NANE: Wasnt mad about this, never really grew on me although there are a few good songs on it
    One Cure Fits All: Waiting anxiously for this

Scopophobia: One of the best live music DVDs Ive ever purchased,brilliant from start to finish! Love the hidden tour documentry aswell:)

For any fans theres a live webcast of T? on http://www.fabchannel.com tonight, not sure what time, but they'll be playing the stuff from the new album, unfortunately I'll miss it!

seems like high anxiety is the best of the new bunch......
    was a big fan of suicide pact myself, is that what shameless sounds like?? say that because it came out after it.

just two more questions..
    Have they changed there sound at all?? or progressed??
    What 90s albums would you compare the new ones too??

Advertisement