Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man takes 40,000 ecstacy tablets

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

The heaviest previous lifetime intake on record is 2,000 pills.

For a start the above is garbage,id estimate that in my lifetime ive probably taken more than 2,000 pills :eek: considering i first started raving in 1990 when probably most on here were young boys :eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

wow thats alot of pills. and thats a alot of money gone to waste.:eek:

drdre wrote:
    wow thats alot of pills. and thats a alot of money gone to waste.:eek:

Big time,that's seriously seriously hardcore though,ive met some nutters in my time who were pills monkeys but never in my lifetime have i come across someone as bad as this,i mean why would he want to do this **** to himself:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Think its bull**** myself. How did they figure how he took that much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Maths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Is this the same post being discussed here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054913781

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

jonny68 wrote:
    i first started raving in 1990 when probably most on here were young boys :eek: :D

i was seven then. so innocent. where did it all go right :D !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Think its bull**** myself. How did they figure how he took that much?

Granted the journal they published in isn't exactly Nature but if it's a published scientific article then you can be assured that there have been several highly qualified independent reviewers looking at all the methodology and results before it was approved. I tried to find a copy of the case study but it's not on PubMed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

John2 wrote:
    Granted the journal they published in isn't exactly Nature but if it's a published scientific article then you can be assured that there have been several highly qualified independent reviewers looking at all the methodology and results before it was approved. I tried to find a copy of the case study but it's not on PubMed.

Although much information is self-reported and might have been affected by Mr. A’s memory impairment, the history given was confirmed by notes from another service he attended just after having stopped ecstasy use.

Self-reported? So they just believed him when he said he had taken that amount?

averaging 25 e's a day for 4 years. I have a very hard time believing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Crimson...

Iv taken 60,000 :p:p:p

Self-reported? So they just believed him when he said he had taken that amount?

averaging 25 e's a day for 4 years. I have a very hard time believing that.

Maybe he kept the receipts! :D

I'm sceptical myself of it being 40,000 but that being said, the cognitive problems he's having suggests he's taken a lot of something, especially as there's no visible damage on the MRI scan. Likely a serious chemical imbalance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

I read this a while back and I think its crap to be honest. Id imagine im up around the 5,000 mark with the hectic fun i've had over the last 6 years but think about it. Even if his serotonin receptors could survive this abuse without going into serotonin syndrome and alot of other related illnesses his liver would surely have turned into George best quite quicky at 25 pills a day.
    I remember a while back on a binge from Wednesday to the Sunday I ate 35 pills or so and it was just pointless towards the end because my tolerance was very high and my brain had no more serotonin to give me. Then you have to factor in how much sleep this guy must have got? not to forget the quality of pills and that he will be consuming a cocktail of other drugs in his 25 a day pill mixture.

My conclusion is this is absolute rubbish but hey we could send it to the mythbusters haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 silverbug

I find it difficult to believe that a man who reguraly took ectasy was having only 3 and a half a day like the report states, i know many average pill heads who take 10 on hard night out. Therefore that report isn't very accurate in my opinion.

I'm a bit sceptical that 40,000 is the real amount this man has taken,i mean surely no ones body could possibly take so many pills like that every day your body would just cave in and your brain would melt,most ive ever done in one nite was around 11 on New Years Eve 97 or 98 and i was wasted as you could imagine:eek: :D long be the days in the early 1990's when 1 pill done you the whole nite and it was pure MDMA not the crap you get in pills thesedays :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

I find this very hard to believe, for a start how the hell did he manage to get any decent sleep with out getting seriously mentally and physically ill?

Hawk Wing wrote:
    I find this very hard to believe, for a start how the hell did he manage to get any decent sleep with out getting seriously mentally and physically ill?

Erm, he IS seriously mentally ill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

John2 wrote:
    Erm, he IS seriously mentally ill.

what I meant was even over an extended period of a couple of weeks or at most a month or two

Advertisement