Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Roscommon Town

Options
  • 06-04-2006 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi, Does anyone know which is a reliable provider for Roscommon Town area? There are so many stories on here that I am afraid I will pick the wrong one and be stuck.
    Thanks
    Meadow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

What providers are available to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Last Mile Wireless seem to have Roscommon fairly well covered.
    thegills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Lastmile would make sense if your outside the town, but otherwise your better off(cheaper and faster) with BT or Eircom. I presume Smart haven't rolled up in your area yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Eircom, UTV, BT etc. will only be cheaper if you have a phone line and are not going to use it just for broadband.

If you have no phone line you will need to pay €55 odd per month to get eircom broadband. That is after paying the install fee for a new line, over €120 I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mollie006

Thanks so much... I do have a phone line but wanted separate BB. Eircom is to expensive with installation. I looked up Last Mile and the price is $33 per month plus vat. Do you all think $33 + per month is the going price for BB?

This board and its members are so helpful..Thanks again.
    Mollie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

mollie006 wrote:
    Thanks so much... I do have a phone line but wanted separate BB. Eircom is to expensive with installation. I looked up Last Mile and the price is $33 per month plus vat. Do you all think $33 + per month is the going price for BB?

Mollie

For that Price id go with Eircom or Bt Wireless can be Tempramental

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

mollie006 wrote:

Mollie
    €35 pm will get you BT broadband (1mb down/128k up). That includes your line rental and VAT.

Hi,

Well, Lastmile told me that my house has to have clear line of sight to a power station. No buildings, hills or trees. I don't think that is possible, as there are trees everywhere! Amazing

Who would you use for regular, old internet hook up from phone? I have Eircom phone service, but who is a good, cheap provider for the old fashioned way?

Thank you...
    Mollie

I have found the list of free isp. Ocean Free seems to be good for just regular surfing, etc. Their website doesn't explain how to sign up and the only number is for tech support. Will call that no anyway and see if I can figure it out. It says Eircom has free internet, but the website will not let me access any info at all. I guess then all I would have to do is make sure it is a local number? Which is still going to add up as I am online about 4 hours a day. Is there any way around those 4-5c +vat per minute?
    I need a drink! lol
    Mollie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

BT Ireland Broadband -- their 1 meg service -- is only 10 euros dearer than your ordinary line rental. You also get cheaper phone calls compared to Eircom. It seems to be the best deal around, and they have a very good network (as long as you don't run into billing problems).

• Advertisement
Advertisement