Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Network.

• 06-04-2006 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Quickie: Does anyone know if Apple's Airport can connect to the DCU wireless network?

I've asked CSD but got no answer back. Can't find a discussion on the forums about it either.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Not sure what airport is but I've seen powerbooks using the wifi LAN around the college. You asked on redbrick? Loads of their users have Mac's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Sonderval

It can. There are student helpdesks located in the Henry Grattan and the library who will configure it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Don't send emails to the student helpdesk email address - I know for a fact that it hasn't been checked in months. You'll be lucky if you can find a student helpdesk member that even knows how to turn on a mac, let alone configure it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I know for a fact this is untrue. I mailed the student helpdesk on Wednesday and got a reply earlier ;)

Airport = Apple's name for 802.11b/g. And yes, it works on the DCU network.
    Check the dcu CSD website for the proxy settings.
    (hint: proxy.dcu.ie)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Sonderval

Anytime I've had to mail the helpdesk@dcu.ie, I've received a prompt reply. Mind you, that was some time ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement