Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-paid Dial-up?

• 06-04-2006 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is any service provide for "pre-pay" internet. I don't have a landline, which means I often dial-up in my gf's, my parents, or my mates places. While I use a low-cost "1892" number, I would rather if I could dial-up for free, with the cost of the call being deducted from a pre-paid balance / billed to me seperately later.

Alternatively, do any of the call cards where you dial a 1800 number first before then dial the outbound number work for this? I guess they might if there were any geographic dial-up numbers left, but these are all gone. Right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If the other people have an itemised bill, which they should in this day and age, you could just pay them what you owe each month.

There is no pre-pay dial up as far as I know as you're quite possibly the first person ever to request such a service. I think there might be some geographic dial up numbers left around somewhere, but I don't know off hand. I though some had been mentioned here quite recently though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭sleur

as far as i'm aware, the only geographic dial-ups numbers left are those with a subscription based plan. we have a subscription in work but rarely use it, i think we use that english company Freeserve - the only handy thing about it is that you'll get a list of dial-up numbers to use around the world, you still pay local rates aswell as the subscription fee.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I've seen dial up cards in shops for that exact purpose. Take a close look at pre pay call cards for info on dial up.

Advertisement