Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do mods delete posts

Options
  • 06-04-2006 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

I have a thread on the perenting forum, someone posted earlier and I pointed out that it was irrelevent to the thread and he should start a new thread, just checked back and his post and my reply post are both gone.

Did a mod take it off? Not complaining, just wondering am I seeing things, if it is the case that a mod changed it, its good mod 'ing!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

mods can do whatever is needed to insure the smooth running of their forum, that includes deleting/editing or moving a thread/comment.
    If you need to know more, PM the Forum Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Yes moderators can "Soft Delete" a post the post is then only visible to them and the admins / smods. Only Smod's and Admins can completely delete a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

your answer was better anna.

*snigger*
    thanks
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

I have seen post edited, down to nothing but the posts still exsists... Example

/****Edited by ...(Mod)****

Just never had a post just disappear, there was nothing wrong with my post, it just said maybe take it to a different thread as I was trying to keep it on track.

• Advertisement

if your comment was related to one that was deleted, then yours would have to go too or else it would make no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Beruthiel wrote:
    if your comment was related to one that was deleted, then yours would have to go too or else it would make no sense.
    Thats cool just wondered thanks all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

dbnavan wrote:
    I have seen post edited, down to nothing but the posts still exsists... Example

/****Edited by ...(Mod)****

Just never had a post just disappear, there was nothing wrong with my post, it just said maybe take it to a different thread as I was trying to keep it on track.
    Leaving a post saying nothing but "Editted by Talliesin" is something I do if I want to leave a record visible to all. It points out that the forum is moderated and those (including the person who posted it, and anyone who complained) can see that whatever the post contained will not be tolerated.

Deleting a post that's just off-topic keeps things on track. If I do that I would delete relevant posts like one pointing out it was off-topic too.

Mods differ in style as to quite where they would make the call between one and the other.

Advertisement