Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending back UTV modem

• 06-04-2006 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

I've cancelled my UTV service, and they want the modem back, trouble is I dont have it, i replaced it with a better one i bought myself. Is there anything i can do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Ignore it if not pm i have my one around from 2 yrs ago

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I've cancelled my UTV service, and they want the modem back, trouble is I dont have it, i replaced it with a better one i bought myself. Is there anything i can do?

Unless you are getting rid of bb altogether dont ignore them! In their new T&C's they have provsion to hold on to your line until the modem is returned - if you are an old customer of theirs this should not apply to you but it may not stop them trying it on. I had a look at the utv support group for the first time in ages last night and it looked from some posts there as if they are implementing this policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Thanks Dan, I'll take you up on that offer if needs be.

Technically i'm getting rid of BB altogether as i have moved house and will not be renewing with them. (i've been a customer since 04)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Get your new ISP to send you a new modem, and then return that to UTV :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

No bother i will try and source it for you..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

where do you send the Zyxel modems? I finished with UTV in January but they haven't come looking for their modem. Just want to be shot of it though!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I sent mine to their Havelock House HQ - I registered it and got them to confirm receipt.

They are some shower - their terms state one adress for creative modems, another address for voyager modems and no address for the zyxels...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

LFCFan wrote:
    where do you send the Zyxel modems? I finished with UTV in January but they haven't come looking for their modem. Just want to be shot of it though!

I phoned them and they told me to send it to thier Belfast office. I'll post address tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

I e-mailed them and told them it was in the post and that was that. I never actually sent it though :) I figured its hassle I can do without and they're so incompetent that if i just tell them I sent it back they won't be able to prove otherwise.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Hmm.. you may live to regret that.

UTV are not incompetent as such.

They are very competent at getting money off you - whenever bills were late or erroneous they always got their money on their terms. Their capping system works perfectly (as far as they are concerned).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Gegerty wrote:
    I e-mailed them and told them it was in the post and that was that. I never actually sent it though :) I figured its hassle I can do without and they're so incompetent that if i just tell them I sent it back they won't be able to prove otherwise.

You are actually lying to them - when you entered into a contract with them you accepted their terms and conditions - they are quite entitled to ask you to prove that you returned it - it is after all their property which you have had on loan.

Advertisement