Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2 Radio Stations in One Car

Options
  • 06-04-2006 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone came across idea of having 2 radio stations in 1 car?

ie Mr X listens to Today FM in front while his son John X listens to Westlife in the back. Does this sort of thing exist in cars or anywhere else for that matter?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Yep,

I know my mates Mondeo Ghia has headphone jacks in the back of the central armrest/console, which allows the back seat passangers listen to a CD while the radio is on.

BTW,
    If your son is listening to Westlife, I'd be getting worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

finnpark wrote:
    Hi All,

ie Mr X listens to Today FM in front while his son John X listens to Westlife in the back. Does this sort of thing exist in cars or anywhere else for that matter?:confused:

Never seen that before. It would 2 tuners I suppose, but my Sony car stereo will play cd/dvd in the back and radio in front. It's called ZonexZone

Here's mine: http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=MEXR1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

What I had really in mind is 2 radio stations on in same car out loud ie no head phones. Just wondering does this exist and how it overcomes interference?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

finnpark wrote:
    What I had really in mind is 2 radio stations on in same car out loud ie no head phones. Just wondering does this exist and how it overcomes interference?

Why not four? Then the happy couple could each listen to one with each ear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Anan1 wrote:
    Why not four? Then the happy couple could each listen to one with each ear.

Do you think that it is a bad idea then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭The_Magoo

The sound clash would be awful, never mind distracting, try it in your living room, put the radio on full belt and the TV too, I know it would wreak my head! The headphone idea on the Ford is great, was an option on the Seat Leon too.

finnpark wrote:
    Do you think that it is a bad idea then?

Why not try it out? Just bring two portable radios into your car and tune them into different stations. Be sure to tell us how you get on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

A good mobile phone with an rds fm tuner and headphones is the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

beat me to it;)

This would indeed be the sensible solution. The OP, however, wants both radios playing "out loud ie no head phones".:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

finnpark wrote:
    Hi All,

What about a sound curtain betwween the front and back seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

or two different cars

Advertisement