Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Carina E coolant Prob?

Options
  • 06-04-2006 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

The coolant in my carina looks very dirty, deres a tiny spec of white on the oil cap its not a white scum tho. Deres no water coming from the exhaust but i guess deres some oil and water mixing somewhere? What do yee reckon? She's driving A1 by the way.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭The_Magoo

pwee wrote:
    The coolant in my carina looks very dirty, deres a tiny spec of white on the oil cap its not a white scum tho. Deres no water coming from the exhaust but i guess deres some oil and water mixing somewhere? What do yee reckon? She's driving A1 by the way.

Thanks guys.

If the car is being used for a lot of short journeys where the engine rarely gets upto temp, you will get slight condensation build up which will appear as a little bit of mayo on the oil cap. Bring it for a good hard drive and it should be all good, or just change the oil!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

When you say the coolant is dirty is it brown and rusty or is there oily sludge in it. It's probably the former and if so a coolant change would be in order.

If it's the latter then then that would be a worry and would suggest blown head gasket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭pwee

Thanks guys the short journeys comment makes sense as at da mo its doing short trips only, thats soon to change tho:D The oil was changed a 100 miles ago so im not going 2 change again!!

Ya the coolant is brown alright, so i will defo change it.

Thanks.

Advertisement