Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Lacuna Coil album (Karmacode)

• 06-04-2006 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭

Was just listening to BBC Radio6 during the week there and Lacuna Coil were on, being interviewed and playing a few tracks from their new album, which is apparantly either already out or out soon.

I have to admit, some of the tracks sounded good, and some did not. Anyone here heard the album and got and opinion? To buy or not to buy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Got the album from a "friend" today still have to listen to it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

I really enjoyed this album. Not as good as Comalies... it didn't have any tracks that particularly stood out, however I enjoyed every song on this album (which is quite rare). Maybe because the tracks were all similar, but it's still very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I got it two weeks ago. And for anyone who thought they might go back to the glory days of In A Reverie is sorely mistaken. Its an ok album, but the guitar playing sounds like something from a Korn album and the bass is turned up way too loud. They do a good cover of Depech Mode's Enjoy the Silence but other than that all but about two or three songs are forgettable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Got a proper listen to it over the weekend, and I don't know what to make of it. It has some good tracks, and I think the sound is good, but it just doesn't hold as a album, so I don't think I'll buy it.

The sound they've got on it is really good, its quite heavy and grinding and I really like it, but the tracks get repetative pretty quickly -- there's only 4 or 5 really good ones too if you ask me, one of which is the Depeche Mode cover at the end. And they completely under-use Christina's voice, which is a shame because it's a pretty unique feature of their music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭haunted-room

Nightwish wrote:
    I got it two weeks ago. And for anyone who thought they might go back to the glory days of In A Reverie is sorely mistaken. Its an ok album, but the guitar playing sounds like something from a Korn album and the bass is turned up way too loud. They do a good cover of Depech Mode's Enjoy the Silence but other than that all but about two or three songs are forgettable.

In a reverie, is a really good album but I prefer the ep before it. I hate the new stuff though and seriously why do they even bother with the male singer, he barley sings at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

heard the album playing in HMV yesterday and mistook it for evanescence....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

In a reverie, is a really good album but I prefer the ep before it. I hate the new stuff though and seriously why do they even bother with the male singer, he barley sings at all
    Yea i really feel sorry for the guy cause i think he has a good voice, as for the album only skimmed through it but it seems only ok to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Out Of Order

So the earlier stuff is better than Comalies?
    I got Comalies when it came out and thought it was complete rubbish which was suprising cause I like Nightwish, Within Temptation and Evanescence in that order.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nirina

i'mma buy the album asap, jus need to get some dosh!! in fact, i need to get their previous albs too. Need a bit of Lacuna Coil rockin in the bedroom. The TV's not always the best source!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I got Comalies when it came out and thought it was complete rubbish which was suprising cause I like Nightwish, Within Temptation and Evanescence in that order.
    Try out In A Reverie and Unleashed Memories. They are much better than Comalies, trust me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

OK gave it a good listen today and its a really bland boaring album, ph coulda better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭haunted-room

Definatly, I though comalies was rubish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Comalies is still my favourite TBH. There are some good tracks on In A Reverie but it doesn't stand up to Comalies if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

there's only 4 or 5 really good ones too if you ask me, one of which is the Depeche Mode cover at the end.
    The video of that caught my eye (yeah, it was the bondage gear, I admit it), but wtf was with the engineering? The mix is dreadful. It completely wastes her voice, and his is loud enough to annoy but to quiet to add anything (in fairness, having heard a live version I can see why they wanted to cut him down on it - eventually he'll lose his voice and his doctor will advise him to have singing lessons and after that he might be okay, but in the meantime you can't solve a bad singer-hiring decision at the mixing desk).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

picked this up in Rome for 10 .50 euros, not listened to it yet.
    in fact, all new releases were 10.50 there in a sale, got the Pulse DVD for 27 euros,:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

i didnt think this album was anywhere near as good as their old stuff :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I think the album is good. I'm more so entranced with cristina's looks

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Lacuna Coil are good, Our truth is an amazing so but whatever your lads name is is very weird and a bit ugly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

The fact that no track really stands out & that all the tracks sound similar makes this an unmemorable album. I still listen to it because its Ok just not as exciting as I expected. Didn't Cristina make a comment along the lines of "these new songs hit you like a slap across the face" well thats not exactly what I got off Karmacode. Its almost a muddled attempt to be heavy but to try & be their most commercial at the same time & as an album I don't think it works. Also, I agree with all the comments about Andreas vocals why do they let him defecate over Cristinas?! :confused:

Advertisement