Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rockery

Options
  • 06-04-2006 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

I am trying to design a decent rockery,would any of you have any good tips also should i cover the soil with weed killer a few weeks before planting as the area is choked with weeds every year,what would be the best method (and cheapest) to keep these at bay?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

If you're going to spray, wait for a few weeks until the weeds green up, as the take up will be much better. After that you could plant through a rubber or plastic membrane which will keep you free of weeds and help keep moisture and heat in the soil. Cover over with some bark or stone chippings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I have said it before, but my favourite tip is to:

Cover the ground with newspaper, about 3 sheets thick all round. This allows:

You easily plant through it,
    Rain water seep through,
    The prevention of weed growth,
    Save money.

Then cover it with bark mulch, or stone chippings.

Advertisement