Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel Function Help.

Options
  • 06-04-2006 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

I have a spreadsheet that I'm currently using to manage my betting habit. Instead of making the calculations manually and filling them in, I want to try and automate everything. I have three columns that need working on, column D has the odds that I'm betting on, column E has the stakes, column F is going to be a boolean value (Y or N) that I enter, to signify a sucessful or failed bet. What I want to happen is that if I enter a Y in a row in column F, then I want the product of D and E entered into the column next to it. If I enter a N, then I want the stake (the value in column E) to be entered into column next to it.

Is this, or something like it possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭frost

Yes, just use a pair of IF() functions:
    In  column G:
    =IF(F2="Y",D2*E2,0)

In column H:
    =IF(F2="Y",0,E2)

Advertisement