Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MetalHammer Idiots

• 06-04-2006 5:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hey guys, so, ive been posting on the MH forums, dont know if any of you are on there but under the Festival bit, i have a thread RDS Download?

Can some of you jump on there, have a read of it, and tell me am i being an idiot?

linky:
    MH Forums, need to sign up first

Its basically about MH blatantly not posting Irish dates in their Gigs section, and being lazy on their site aswell.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Drazhar wrote:
    Its basically about MH blatantly not posting Irish dates in their Gigs section, and being lazy on their site aswell.

Let me ask you something. Do they post French dates in their gigs section?

It's an English magazine, and we're a seperate nation to England. You should no more expect to see Irish gig dates than Belgian gig dates. It's extremely annoying when people think Ireland can be part of the UK when it suits. English mag = English dates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Word.

Deosn't mean you can't discuss it on the internet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

True.
    I used to read these pieces of **** when they were someway decent but you never see Irish dates.
    Dont even venture near anything like that anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Let me ask you something. Do they post French dates in their gigs section?

do they sell their magazine in france? i doubt it. they will gladly answer questions from Irish readers, and have conducted interviews with bands in Ireland before... so why not cater to the irish crowd a bit more? i'd say ireland has quite a significant fanbase for MH, which isn't being catered for

I'd say their Irish audience pales in comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

of course, but it's significant enough for it to be financially viable to sell it over here

True...but at the same time, the gig scene also pales in comparison.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Wouldn't it be more worthwhile actually writing *to* Metal Hammer and asking them about this?

You'd think wouldn't you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Or just don't buy the rag

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

do they sell their magazine in france? i doubt it. they will gladly answer questions from Irish readers, and have conducted interviews with bands in Ireland before... so why not cater to the irish crowd a bit more? i'd say ireland has quite a significant fanbase for MH, which isn't being catered for

Actually it originated in Germany and any magazine printed by future publishing is generally speaking an international magazine. There are Irish gigs mentioned in the guide every now and again, but I imagine its up to the promoters/band-manager/venue to ask metal hammer to list the gig, not the other way around.

Advertisement