Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3000 bins will not be collected

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Thems were due to cart away my rubbish tomorrow morning :(

- Any chance of getting money back ??? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

Bugger, did you pay for six months in Jan? Mr Binman will be glad with 3000 new customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

I have paid to June,

No answer from Waste Recycling.
    I rang Mr Binman and set up a new account today.

They also informed me they will not be able to collect Waste Recycling bins as the bins are not their property.

I rang the Enviornment Department of the Limerick Co Council they took my details and told me they will follow it up.

Does anybody know how claim from a company in liquidation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

Just had Mary Binman call to the door (They didnt wait long)

Had to let her down, already set up an account over phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

They were such a shower of wan***s. I changed from them in Jan cause they didn't collect our rubbish loads of times last year and we ended up having a fly infestation during the summer. They never answered the phones when I called to complain and I actually had to call to their offices to get any kind of response. They actually had a sign up to say that they wouldn't give refunds for any rubbish collected so I don't know how you'll get on with getting money back. Good luck anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Mr. Binman was one of the creditors to Limerick Waste Management who wanted LWM to be wound up. those who paid in advance are very much ****ed.

And the council will come after you if they find you dont have a service provider.

They will not wait long either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

This is such a load of rubbish excuse the pun now we are all going to get shafted by binman who can now charge what they like. I only need to put out my bin once a month but according to binman if it aint out for 24 of the 26 weeks they mite not collect it and as for the pay by weight thing thats just stupid they do NOT weigh the bins.

I have an old ipodec bin and binman had no problem using it so dont see why they cant usee the blue bins from LWR.

Yet again its the ordinary ppl that get shafted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Well if people hadn't some misguided belief that they were entitled to free rubbish collection and a general refusal to pay rates the city would never have had to privatise the service.

Well I am from the county and I changed over to South West Bins in Jan. Mr Binman were screwing me, €310 for six months. I still have my doubts over this weighing system. The only thing is we got an extra blue bin for recycling and I think you can fit more into the two bags.

Amazo, who is refusing to pay rates? And why did it effect the privatisation of bin collection? I presume you have an in depth knowledge of this, judging from your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

It's my understanding (and I might be wrong) that originally the bin collection was privatised becuase people were refusing to pay rates and the collection was too expensive for the city to run. It's weird that people will happily pay money to a private company but baulk at paying rates to the city in which they live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I don't ever remember a debate about paying rates in Limerick , we were asked to pay , once off for the actual bin , but that was it . The real debate started when it was going to be privatised . The reason for this was that people felt that it was unusual to be asked to pay for a service that most people would have considered covered under the taxes that they already paid , and even more so that it happened while the country was in a boom .

Having said that I was below at the court house for the official protest and out of all the people that it would effect , there was only about 70 there . I still have the list of all the councilors that voted for it . Shortly after that when Willie O Dea called to the door he said that he had advised them against it .

Wow who were they? I think the biggest problem is that Mr. Binman has the monopoly. Does anybody know who has the right of ownership of the actual bin? I have asked them to come and collect it, but the lady in the office asked me to drop it to them:eek: . In fairness to them, 4 months lter and I have done nothing about it. I want rid now.

This whole thing about the ownership of the bins is a load of sh!te look around town there are binman stickers on all make and manner of bin when you go down to binman and they ask if you have a bin just say yes.

I mean most city bins are either ex corpo black bins the binmans own green bins then ipodec red bins and soon LWR blue bins and the large ones are all the SAME size.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

pokerwidow wrote:
    Wow who were they? I think the biggest problem is that Mr. Binman has the monopoly. Does anybody know who has the right of ownership of the actual bin? I have asked them to come and collect it, but the lady in the office asked me to drop it to them:eek: . In fairness to them, 4 months lter and I have done nothing about it. I want rid now.

THey are legally obliged to collect the bin. LWR told me that when I was signing up with them.

So ...is Mr Binman our only choice now ? are there other's ?

yup welcome to the limerick waste disposal monopoly

jonski wrote:
    So ...is Mr Binman our only choice now ? are there other's ?

Hi Folks,

Anyone know if there is an equivalent to Limerick Waste Recycling?
    - I liked having a proper Wheelie bin for recycling stuff and not having to but a see-through bag on the kerb so that the whole neighbourhood can see your rubbish and that you are using Itchy & Scratchy's Rash Cream..... :eek:

Also the brown organic Wheelie bin was good for kitchen waste and grass cuttings etc.????? Any other companies provide the same service?

Raiser

I agree Raiser. God some of my neighbours eat some amount of pizzas :)
    As I said I changed to South West Bins but they are based in Listowel. They cover us here in NCW, but have no idea if they go further. Golden pages would be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Clean Ireland collect out around the Caherdavin side of town, not sure if they're all over or not. They provide two bins. Their main office is in Ennis. They collected rubbish every second week and recycling the other weeks. Not sure how they work out cost wise vs Mr Binman, but might be worth a call. I'm in a rented house, so just paid the bill when it came in.

Just sent Mary Binman away [her second visit.....], don't want to "pay and display" my rubbish thanks :rolleyes:

Got a flyer for Clean Ireland - same as LWR - two proper bins, recycling & rubbish collected on alternate weeks. 061-361800 - No mention of a price though - post back if you got a quote will ya?

I seem to remember that when the brown bin was introduced a couple of years ago LWR said it was to meet some new compulsory directive ??? Anyone know ??? Was damn handy for the gardening, not that I have a country manor or anything.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 shane2005

That is funny LWR never even bothered giving me a brown bin (i have been with them for three years they were pretty disorganised)- I am also caught up till June.
    Putting it out tomorrow anyway- we will see- word around is that Bin Laden can't cope with all the new custom so all bins will be collected for one week only- Maybe I'll go out and put it on myself:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 shane2005

collected !
    so a weeks reprieve- still out of pocket of course

Signed up with Clean Ireland - 2 X 240 Litre bins ie. Recycling and plain rubbish collected on alternate weeks - €161 for 6 months.

www.cleanirl.com - Try all the given numbers - I could only get speaking with a human after lying and selecting "commercial" on their phone IVR.

So Mr. Binman will collect my bin this week ? Whats their day for Dooradoyle anyone know ???

Mr Binman collected both my bins today .Got up this morning and saw others had put theirs out so I took a chance and they were picked up . A friend said that they got as letter in the post saying that he would collect them for two weeks .

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

was with LWR for a year
    then they said they were going to a pay by volume system rather than a pay by weight....

sod that i said,
    got on to them to get a smaller black bin, no joy, they werent bothered,
    so i chucked them and told them to collect their 3 bins,

that was january 2005...

last week i brought the bins to the council depot in nenagh myself.....
    whenever i rang LWR if i managed to get a response it was the same old excuses...
    yea yea your on the list bins will be collected etc etc...

now i recycle alot!!!

and bought a bin in B&Q for €15,
    every 2 months go to the dump in nenagh with my rubbish, €10 a go happy out....

i use nenagh as i work over here but live in annacotty...

1:Mr.binman charges €398 for one 240lt bin allowing 15 1/2 kg per week ?

2: does he collect it every week ?

3: does he collect recycling ?

4: how does he collect recycling ?

5: does he charge extra for this ?

variations of questions I forgot to ask over the phone and giving how long it takes to get through I was hoping someone here would have the answers .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Jonski - The bins are collected every week along with the bags for recycling that you will get with your bin. I get approx 1 bag per week with my 170ltr bin so you might get twice that with the bigger bin. You can also buy recycling bags if you need extra, they cost €5. He doesn't charge extra for collecting the recycling.

Advertisement