Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barber

Options
  • 06-04-2006 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone here use the UCD barber? Are they any good? I could do with a cut but when I was passing I couldn't see a price list, and they looked kinda dodgy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I didn't know such a thing existed, where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

used to use them. No probs with the haircut, friendly staff. Just felt it was getting a bit pricey, considering it was catering for students.

Now I go to Mount Merrion Barbers (on Deerpark Rd). 11e for a cut. Might be cheaper if I got a student rate. Never bothered to ask if they had one tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

humbert wrote:
    I didn't know such a thing existed, where is it?
    Sports bar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

irlrobins wrote:
    Now I go to Mount Merrion Barbers (on Deerpark Rd). 11e for a cut. Might be cheaper if I got a student rate. Never bothered to ask if they had one tbh.

They have a student rate alright.

I think I'm going to go back to the UCD barbers tho, I always seem to end up with a slight mullet shape (I'm not the only one who's found this) with Mount Merrion barbers, no matter what I tell them I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Nice lads. They are located in a little room near O'Briens. 10 Euro but they scalped my head . Bald for weeks.

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote:
    Nice lads. They are located in a little room near O'Briens. 10 Euro but they scalped my head . Bald for weeks.
    I was afraid of that, cheap but sheep-shearers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

its a barbers, what other type of hair cut do they do??!!! I know a guy paid 60E to have a his hair "styled" in (girls please insert popular hair salon place), it was his normal haircut with a small mohawk on top:rolleyes:

Its about 10-12E can't remember, they do a grand job for al the usual stuff

gotta go with the grimes style, all us male folk will be bald in a matter of years anyway, might as well face up to the inevitable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

tribulus wrote:
    its a barbers, what other type of hair cut do they do??!!! I know a guy paid 60E to have a his hair "styled" in (girls please insert popular hair salon place), it was his normal haircut with a small mohawk on top:rolleyes:

Its about 10-12E can't remember, they do a grand job for al the usual stuff

gotta go with the grimes style, all us male folk will be bald in a matter of years anyway, might as well face up to the inevitable!!

Peter Mark? Toni & Guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

yeah one of those will do, thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Does anyone here use the UCD barber? Are they any good? I could do with a cut but when I was passing I couldn't see a price list, and they looked kinda dodgy.

Oh no dont cut your hair firespinner-it could be the source of all your powers......

• Advertisement

panda100 wrote:
    Oh no dont cut your hair firespinner-it could be the source of all your powers......
    Oh Delilah, you do fret so.

So does anyone use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Allowed the Grafton Barber deal with mine, mate.

Allowed the Grafton Barber deal with mine, mate.
    I haven't seen yours recently. Was it good.

Technically well done. Not what I asked for though... Damn foreign barbers.

I hate when that happens.

Aye, may need to get another hair cut soon actually. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I'll cut it for free... I trained in the FCA!! I can cut it in the dark, under fire and can lay, sight, load and fire a 120mm rifled mortar at the same time!!

boneless wrote:
    I'll cut it for free... I trained in the FCA!! I can cut it in the dark, under fire and can lay, sight, load and fire a 120mm rifled mortar at the same time!!

I can only think of about two contexts in which this could be of any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I really envy guys the cheap barber prices they pay. Especially because it was nearly €40 the last time I got my hair cut. And a number 2 blade job sounds truly low-maintenance.

Hehe I get my hair done for free- colours, cuts, the works. my three aunties are hairdressers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

And a number 2 blade job sounds truly low-maintenance.
    Got kinda bored with it very quickly personally :p
    That said you could make it even cheaper by doing your own hair after buying one of those things ;)

For the record i spend €16 on mine in a nice swanky barber (they even give you a hot shave with a blade if thats your thang, like in the old west :p ).

Little more expensive but got sick of looking lopsided whenever i asked for a cut instead of a blade :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Just shave it off for charity...

Hair-loss in good cause.

Why do u ppl think I let my hair grow to these ridiculous lengths? To raise even MORE money for just such a purpose!

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Got kinda bored with it very quickly personally :p
    That said you could make it even cheaper by doing your own hair after buying one of those things ;)

For the record i spend €16 on mine in a nice swanky barber (they even give you a hot shave with a blade if thats your thang, like in the old west :p ).

Little more expensive but got sick of looking lopsided whenever i asked for a cut instead of a blade :eek:

Ah...still looks lopsided if ya ask me :p

just kidding, i love your hair really :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Used to go last year when I lived in Merville, then it was €9 for a shave all over and €12 for a proper dry cut. They used to go okay until one day - the day before my brother's confirmation, actually, hence my getting the haircut - I went in and it was only the guy from Singapore there. I asked for a 2 on the back and sides, to grade up and leave an inch on the top with the scissors (the usual). He completely scalped me, and left me looking like a complete scumbag for the confirmation photos.
    I've never been back since...

(although, tbh, haven't had a haircut since last August!...)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I've heard (and seen) bad things of the Grafton Barbers.

Got three colours and a cut for nothing as the hairdresser was my friend's sister. She ranked second in the Irish trainee competition a short while ago. I don't do the thing justice, I hate fussy hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Grafton Barbers used to be fantastic up until about 3 years ago, then they kinda went downhill. They started hiring allsorts and lost their touch of class. Now their not much different from any other run of the mill barber out there.

Aye. Go to the old Green Dolphin on (I think) South Anne street. It's a Grafton Barber now, but still the same old place.

Advertisement