Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to change a bulb on a 2004 Audi A4?

Options
  • 06-04-2006 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

Hi all

My Right brake light bulb has blown in the A4,but for the life of me I can't see how to ermove an inner panel etc to replace it.It says on the user manual to bring it to a main dealer to repair it.I don't fancy paying a fortune if I could do it myself.I have replaced bulbs in previous cars no problem

Anybody know how to replace it?

Thanks

PS I think its a similar job for a front bulb.

Any tips appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

Moanin wrote:
    Hi all

My Right brake light bulb has blown in the A4,but for the life of me I can't see how to ermove an inner panel etc to replace it.It says on the user manual to bring it to a main dealer to repair it.I don't fancy paying a fortune if I could do it myself.I have replaced bulbs in previous cars no problem

Thanks

Any tips appreciated!

pull down the cover and u just use a screw driver. front very difficult. it takes an audi mechanic at least 20 min to do front back about 10. most dealers will charge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Thanks.What type of bulb do i need to buy as a replacement?

Moanin wrote:
    Thanks.What type of bulb do i need to buy as a replacement?

depends which bulb it is.
    i think the stop and tail is all the one bulb.
    5W(?) double contact not off-set
    take it out and bring it with you to motor factors
    take care not to ring the screw - if you do you'll need to break the light off next time u need to change a bulb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭comanche

Moanin wrote:
    Hi all

Thanks

Any tips appreciated!

2004 - you are still under warrenty - free!

comanche wrote:
    2004 - you are still under warrenty - free!

bulbs are wear and tear items not covered under warranty same as filters, brake pads, discs and belts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

$Leon$ wrote:
    bulbs are wear and tear items not covered under warranty same as filters, brake pads, discs and belts

Renaults warranty covers them, so I would imagine Audis would too.

prospect wrote:
    Renaults warranty covers them, so I would imagine Audis would too.

I can tell you that Audi warranty does not cover them. I work in a main Audi dealer as a service advisor i think i should no. if it was a case that a large no of bulbs were blowing in a short period of time then solving the problem should be covered under warranty. bulbs are wear and tear items

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

$Leon$ wrote:
    =I work in a main Audi dealer as a service advisor i think i should no.=

Allright, settle down.
    It is p1ss poor form on Audis behalf, who are supposed to be a 'premium' brand.

Advertisement