Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leaving the scence of Accident Naas

Options
  • 06-04-2006 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

Hey, just looking for a bit of a dig out.

I was in a crash today at 4pm, outside Terry Boylans (Honda Garge Newbridge Road) in Naas, was driving Renault Megane at the time, stopped waiting to turn ino Boylans, when a Fiat Seicento, rear ended me.

I only got a partial reg of the car which was defintly 01 D and numbers possibly in this sequence 63151 or 53165. The car was a rental from the garage and I was dropping it back, I explained this to the driver, not substantle damage, so we could pull into Boylans and sort it out, he followed me to the next turn in for the garge.. indicating and everything, and as I turned.. drove off.

Here is pretty much what the car looked like : http://foto.spullenbank.nl/common/img/00/00/01/88/_T18818.jpg .

He is about 18 - 19, with red hair cropped very tightly, with a Kildare accent and the car will be damaged on the front driver side bumper. The car is basically Dafodil yellow.. so should not be to hard to cop.

The garage are basically, because your man shagged off, are looking for a 150 quid off me for the damage.. I know that isn't a considerable amount.. but I'm and honest guy, work hard (ish) for my money, and I don't like to get screwed around.

So if anyone in the Kildare area could keep an eye out for this car I would be grateful, maybe little Billy or Johnny arrivied home today with a scratched front bumper and no explanation...

You can either PM me, or contact Naas Garda station.

Thanks
    Tom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This is what we're looking for folks...

_T18818.jpg

I hope he's found, leaving the scene is one of the worst crimes for me. That it was a minor tip don't matter.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Could the Gardai not run a check on PULSE of all yellow 2001 Seicentos and then narrow it down to Dublin/Kildare area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

NeMiSiS wrote:
    He is about 18 - 19, with red hair ... with a Kildare accent ...Dafodil yellow seicento bwahahaha..

Bet the ladies are queueing up!
    This guy has enough troubles, leave him alone:D

Can the guards not try a few combinations of that reg and pay him a visit?
    Sure even the garage would be able to do it maybe (Off the record!!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Aye they are doing that. Waiting on a call back from them, just trying to increase the odds of catching the little bollix... This is the very reason we are getting screwed with insurance here, I was decent about it, knew it wasn't very much damage, at the end of the day it would have cost him 150 quid, now if the Gaurds (or myself) catch up with him, it will be alot harsher than that..

Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

NeMiSiS wrote:
    Aye they are doing that. Waiting on a call back from them, just trying to increase the odds of catching the little bollix... This is the very reason we are getting screwed with insurance here, I was decent about it, knew it wasn't very much damage, at the end of the day it would have cost him 150 quid, now if the Gaurds (or myself) catch up with him, it will be alot harsher than that..

Tom

Good luck with it Tom. I hope he gets his comeuppance. Let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Tom, I'll keep an eye out and spread the word to a few of my friends here in Naas. I'll be about the town all weekend and my wife passes through each day so this little $hit box shouldn't be hard to spot.

Thanks Lex, appreciate all the replies!
    I am around Naas a good bit meself too, so I'l be watching too.
    Thinking of heading to the same stop tomorrow round the same time, as he may go home from work this way, worth a shot.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

chances are it's a Sporting if it's yellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

hope the cops catch him.thats just ridiculous.you should have followed him.he could not have got that far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

From Kildare myself,shall keep an eye out for both little $hitboxes :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

let us know if u get him

would there be a camera that can get the reg near the car dealership.you might be lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

What exactly would you do if you did spot him? Just take the reg and call the cops? (just curious)

What exactly would you do if you did spot him? Just take the reg and call the cops? (just curious)

once you know the reg you can go to the cops and let them sort him out.all the original poster wants is his 150 euro back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

NeMiSiS wrote:

Tom

Any update man? I love these threads, and I want to see a sucessful one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I am in around the Naas area aswell, so will keep an eye out.

Although, I have never noticed any yellow Fiat Seicentos in the area before, so I hope he wasn't only passing through.

No update yet, can't get over to Naas either today. Have been waiting on a delivery, no call back from the guards yet. The garage said they would give me a week to pay up.. so I have a week. Mind you I do about three thousand miles a month, so I see alot of roads.. and alot of cars..

That yellow colour seems fairly rare, even looking on CBG, there aint even a 2001 in yellow..

TK

In Naas most days will keep the eyes peeled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

There are one or two based around Celbridge that colour - I'll keep an eye out over the weekend and get back to you....

Yeh the Celbridge thing sounds promising. He could have easily been headed towards there, might go up and have a look round the M7 business park too, he could be working somewhere in there.. Have a felling though the car was his Mammy's.. hardly the most.. 'manly' car on the road.

Also gonna check if there is cams anywhere along that road by Boylans, I'l have a look there this evening.

Thanks again!
    Tom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

The little scanger. I hope it works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Breach of duties at an accident is one of the new penalty point offences with a mandatory court appearance with a fine (at a minimum) and 5 points upon conviction!! What a foolish kid.

Advertisement