Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whitewater Shopping Centre

• 06-04-2006 7:05pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody from the region have any info on this new shoppping centre. I heard it was suppose to open today but cant find any official news relating to it.

Have they a website which lists all the shops which will be available within it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Aquos76 wrote:
    Anybody from the region have any info on this new shoppping centre. I heard it was suppose to open today but cant find any official news relating to it.

Have they a website which lists all the shops which will be available within it?

It was on Six-One news. Complaints about lack of cinema. Try 9 O'Clock News tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Was there today,very nice,multi-story car park seemed huge,1,700 cars apparently,cost me 2.60 for 2 hours.
    Very nice inside,the women will love it :)
    The lack of cinema has been known a long time despite the initial promises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Efioanaes wrote:
    Was there today,very nice,multi-story car park seemed huge,1,700 cars apparently,cost me 2.60 for 2 hours.
    Very nice inside,the women will love it :)
    The lack of cinema has been known a long time despite the initial promises.

I'll probably be dragged down there this weekend. :rolleyes:

Efioanaes wrote:
    cost me 2.60 for 2 hours.
    Noooooe! they are still thinking in pounds. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I walked past it earlier but hadn't time to go in. Lots of people around.
    Will have a look tomorrow.

Virgin supposed to be good according to a neighbour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 islay

The official website is www.whitewatersc.ie but doesn't appear if you google whitewater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

It's not bad. I popped in for 2 minutes on my break yesterday. I wasn't that impressed to be honest. It's big(ish) but I got the impression there was fuke all in it. Virgin had some good prices on some of the DVD's I looked at. Champion appeared very dear, not a sale or reduced price on any of the runners I looked at. After that, it was the usual shee-ite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

Seems to be very spacious, very generous with their aisle space allocation.
    Seems to be very centered on the clothing end of things (especially for herself). Pull & Bear are there but dont have the biggest range of stuff for guys. :(
    Food hall grabbed me most:- K.F.C., Pizza Hut, Burger King, Bagel Bar and fancy designer style coffee shop. Leave the good lady to the shops while the boys go feast on lard :)

Yeah pretty much the feeling I got from the place too Chopper. Deadly, can't wait for it to take even longer to get out of Newbridge in the evenings now :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

islay wrote:
    The official website is www.whitewatersc.ie but doesn't appear if you google whitewater.

Just what I was looking for. Thanks alot.

Ay Cee wrote:
    Champion appeared very dear, not a sale or reduced price on any of the runners I looked at.
    What would they reduce the price from?

The full rip off price to something less extortionate :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

It's an absolute disgrace that the cinema wasn't opened. How the fock did they get planning permission for this?? Someone should be kicked around the road for this.

"Here's a great idea, let's a stick a shopping centre in the MIDDLE of an already congested town"

I'd suspect there were plenty of brown envelopes handed under the table.

Advertisement