Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Events - \o/Whats On\o/

Options
  • 06-04-2006 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

Ok, so here it is folks. A place to let us know what the societies/events team are organising for UCD be it on or off campus. (I know I know, its heading for them end of term but I'll sticky it)

Please only post if you have all of the information needed for an event, ie: venue, time, cost, what society is organising it, etc etc.

You don't have to be directly involved with the people organising it so feel free to post if you just see a poster on campus or get the information from a friend.

*NB* I want to keep this thread as tidy and easy to read as possible so please refrain from chatting. By all means correct someone on the information or add some missed information but don't clog it up with chit-chat about the event when its not necesary. Don't want people having to trawl through it to find out what events are on. If the thread gets clogged up with chat I'll cut the posts to tidy it up. If you really want to have a big discussion on a certain event then please start a new thread. *NB*

So, although its a bit late....today is Arts Day and here's the line-up provided by Scraggs.
    7.30-9.30 Street Collections
    11.00: Breakfast for Collectors (restaurant)
    12.00: 5 a-side soccer tournament (Prestige Pitches, Sports Centre)
    13.00: Comedy Debate [Lawsoc Vs L&H] (Arts Block)
    13.00: Film: The 40 Year Old Virgin ( Arts Block)
    16.00: DJ and Games (Student Bar)
    19.30: Open Air Flm: Collateral [Filmsoc](The Pit, Centre Club)
    20.30: Karaoke [UCD Ents] (Student Bar)
    23.00: Shindig (Crawdaddy -Tkts €6 on sale outside ThL)

Now go forth and let us know what entertainment awaits us in UCD.

:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Yes! The system works. Finally

Oh and the passion of the christ will be shown on monday with a priest (FR. Mattew Brackett) who was there when they made the film and who met Mel Gibson. I'm not religious but this is probably the best religious society event. Imagine! The passion on the big screen - again.

Date: Monday 10th of April
    Time: 6pm
    Venue: Theatre O
    Organisers: Youth 2000

EDIT: How embaressing. My Enthusiasm is my downfall. I will add what I know and add the rest tomorrow when I can check
    Edit: Stuff added.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Well went along for the talk, was hoping for some good old fire and brimstone religion, watch how your god died for you you filthy bunch of decadent sinners but alas was not the case. Strange bunch turned up though, I thought there'd be a fair few there just for the film but there was a real frustrated angry religious nut vibe(not suggesting everyone who believes in that sort of thing is a nut), was scared they'd smell out the atheist in their midst. Not sorry I went though, it was interesting hearing a first hand, although somewhat biased, account of the making of the film and the of people involved. Didn't like hearing about Mel crying over scenes though, what ever happened to the crazy cool head slapping lethal wepon Mel Gibson:(

P.S. I think perhaps a slightly more relaxed attitude toward requiring all the details regarding an event would be better, I'd prefer to know something was coming up so I could find out all the details for myself rather than deter someone from posting beacuse they didn't know the full story. Obviously I don't mean to encourage people to speculate on up coming events that they think might happen. Just my two cents:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

The Last Dance, tradsocs final céilí of the year
    Date: Wednesday, the 12th of April
    Time: 8:30pm
    Location: Student Bar and its all in aid of 'Habitat for Humanity'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

The AGM of the Archaeological Society will be held on Tuesday 25th April 2006, in room B 101 at 18.00 hrs.

All members are urged to attend.

Nominations for all positions will be accepted by committee members up to the start of the meeting. Nominations should be supported by two members of the society and the nominee must sign the paper to indicate acceptance of same.

Thats All!!

See yis there....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

RoboRugby now in its second year will have its final tommorrow night, that's thursday in the UIC (now called the William Jefferson Clinton Auditorium).

19 Autonomous (not remote control!) Lego robots will compete against each other for some top prizes from Siemens.

Contest starts 7pm, light refreshments from 6.30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Deutsch Soc's AGM, tonight in B101 at 7pm; followed by Summer wine reception (free). Come one, come all!...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Jazz soc AGM
    5pm
    Ag building - the room walk in and go straight past the large lecture theatre and its on your right.
    Tonight

Advertisement