Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chidren - in 4 bed duplex?

Options
  • 06-04-2006 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

hi there - looking at a 4 bed duplex at the moment, just wondering does anyone live in one of these with children? I have 2 young children and a bit anxious about how it would all work out? Also are there many children in the area at all? thanks for any input at all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

dubgirl wrote:
    hi there - looking at a 4 bed duplex at the moment, just wondering does anyone live in one of these with children? I have 2 young children and a bit anxious about how it would all work out? Also are there many children in the area at all? thanks for any input at all

Main reason we did not buy one and went with a normal townhouse was because of the stairs - baby on the way and didn`t want to go through the trauma of lugging buggies, prams, etc up and down stairs all the time, plus having to contend with one of them thinking they are superman and launching themselves off the top....
    That said, there is loads of space in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Liam81

Stop thinking so much and just buy it Kelley!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

Liam you stalker!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

we lived in a duplex in another estate and moved out after we had kids for precisely the reasons listed above.

You're worried about the kids tumbling down the stairs, you have to carry the kids in and out if they're learning to walk, you have to lug shopping, pushchairs etc up the stairs and there's no guarantee you'll be able to park immediately outside the front door.

It's all manageable but with more than one kid it becomes a pain in the ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

thanks for the advice folks - my youngest is two so hoping in a little while I won't have to worry about him taking a flying leap from the stairs! Although with boys you never know, I'd say my husband might even be tempted!!;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement