Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truffles in Dublin

• 06-04-2006 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Where can I buy premium truffles in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Do you mean truffles as in chocolate, or as in fungi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Alun wrote:
    Do you mean truffles as in chocolate, or as in fungi?

The fungal variety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Fresh, or would stored in oil do? I've never seen a fresh white truffle in Ireland. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Shabadu wrote:
    Fresh, or would stored in oil do? I've never seen a fresh white truffle in Ireland. :(

I want to try both. Any ideas on a good place to get the ones in oil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Sheridans used to sell truffle oil, and black truffles in oil iirc, but we're talking about 3, 4 years ago, haven't been in for anything excepting cheese since then.

I'd suggest trying the small Italian deli on Millenium walk too. Odds are if you ask and they don't have it, they'll order it over from Italy with the next shipment.

The only way I can think of you getting your hands on a fresh black truffle would be to call Guillbauld's and ask them very nicely if you could purchase from them.

My parents got me a small bottle of white truffle oil from Avoca handweavers last year, I used it mainly drizzled over a wild mushroom risotto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Saw some in Harvey Nicholls the other day (surely not the cheapest place to buy some)... It was a white truffle preserved in oil. Yours for a very resonable 65 euro. :eek:

Advertisement