Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to Remove Writing Eteched into Bonnet

Options
  • 06-04-2006 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi,
    My wife arrived back to the DART tonight to find her beloved silver Micra with "**** You" eteched into the bonnet. I cannot work out how deep it is but it slightly catches you finger nail. Is there any quick suggestion or fixes available for this.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭beyondrapid

you can get colour wax that covers up minor scratches like those you get from briars on narrow country roads. you can also get a crayon type thing which fills deeper scratches, and then use the colour wax on top.
    it's not a perfect job, but it might do the trick. if i remember correctly the stuff i got was turtle colour wax, should be available in any motor factor place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

One word for you, respray.

It's the only way you'll get it right. For a small bonnet like a Micra, it might not cost as much as you'd think.

Shows you exactly what type of mindless scum there is in this city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

If it's not to deep some of that rubbing clay can fill it in. T-cut or brasso might also be able to rub it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

Thanks for the responses.

Unfortunately this is becoming a regular feature of Irish living.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Gavin - try carcraft in ballybough. Depending on depth of scraping and damage, will depend on how good he can fix it or if he can. He will tell you there and then.
    Otherwise he will recommend the best route to take. . I've dealt with Shane personally and highly recommend him. 01-8555222

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Gavin1 wrote:

Thanks again.

yes i also got key marks in my brand new golf.if i find out who did it i would fcukin kill the scumbags.as we need to get them off the streets;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

I had the same thing a few years back. It was during the summer when all the marching and ****e was going on up north and they were chucking stones and bottles at each other. A load of nordies used to move out of Ulster for the week of the 12th and rent houses here in Galway. A gang of these inbred cross eyed f**ks, (i mean real Wayne & Waynetta Slob types) rented the house next door to me and their bast*ard offspring were amusing themselves by smashing bottle on the footpath right outside their/my house. I happened to be going into town for a pint one evening and as i was hopping into the taxi i ran the two kids who were smashing glass. Came home, went to bed, got up the following morning and drove to work. While sitting in the canteen at lunch one of my work mates looked out and scene "**** you Taig" scratched into the paint work down the passenger side of my black Honda. Pretty obvious who was responsible so i went home that evening with murder in mind but the scumbags had crawled off back under what ever rock they came from up North.

I tried everthing from Shoe polish to permanent black marker to T-Cut but nothing works. All i could do was have it resprayed, cost 400 punts. Nothing the Gardai could do either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

ciarsd wrote:
    Gavin - try carcraft in ballybough. Depending on depth of scraping and damage, will depend on how good he can fix it or if he can. He will tell you there and then.
    Otherwise he will recommend the best route to take. . I've dealt with Shane personally and highly recommend him. 01-8555222

approx how much would you think it would cost for a few scratches .im just asking approx.would it be around 200-300

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

drdre wrote:
    approx how much would you think it would cost for a few scratches .im just asking approx.would it be around 200-300

depends on the extent and depth of 'em I afraid. If they are only surface damage, then you might get away with a very very light wet sand and polish - usually works out at €50/panel for that approx.

if the damage is worse, then the better option is a respray. expect to pay €200 for a bonnet professionally done

• Advertisement
Advertisement