Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a nokia blutooth headest wit PC?

Options
  • 06-04-2006 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am currently in the market for getting a headset to use with skype..

My dad has a spare nokia bluetooth headset for his mobile that he doesnt use..
    If I was to get a bluetooth dongle for my laptop would I be able to use it as a regular headset for skype etc etc?

Thanks

Hakko

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

cannt see why not..

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

you'll have to be careful about what dongle you get as some of them run a type of bluetooth software that isn't compatible with some headsets...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

there maybe more but this is one option http://www.vitaero.com/ or just google skype bluetooth

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Hi,

I am currently in the market for getting a headset to use with skype..

My dad has a spare nokia bluetooth headset for his mobile that he doesnt use..
    If I was to get a bluetooth dongle for my laptop would I be able to use it as a regular headset for skype etc etc?

Thanks

Hakko
    You might be a bit disappointed with the performance.

I used a SonyEricsson headset with skype, and the quality was pretty poor. I was using a generic ebay-type BT dongle, so I thought that was the problem, so I bought a new belkin v2 dongle from Argos (very good value - cheaper than ebay prices when shipping taken into consideration). The sound quality was much better, but the volume was very poor with the headset. It does not compare at all to a wired headset.

Maybe the Nokia headset has better volume, but I gave up un the idea of Bluetooth and Skype after my experience.

Ro

Advertisement