Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Dell

Options
  • 07-04-2006 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭

Bought a dell PC about 14 months ago and took out the extended warranty (3 year +next day collect and return). The RW drive started playing up and eventually the PC wouldnt work at all.

Contacted their tech. support (who are in India) and after 5 days of phone calls and checking this that and the other I told them to take it away, repair it and return it. They agreed to this last Wednesday and said it would be collected on Thursday. I needed to have someone else here to remove the casing etc and on 3 seperate occasions over 3 different days I was promised a call at an agreed time but they never rang. A complete let down.

It was only collected on tuesday which is totally in breach of the warranty /repair conditions. Apparantly it will be late next week before I get it back. In between times I sent 2 complaints off via their online site but never even received an acknowledgent. I wrote a letter of on Tuesday and complained about the non collection of the PC and the failure of their tech. support people to call at the agreed times.

I got a phone call today from the customer care manager. Basically he just apologised and said it was an isolated case. He said that he would give me a USB key as a gesture of good will. I tried to tell him that I actually lost out on work and income as a result of the PC lying here for 5 days when it should have already been collected, repaired and returned by now. He didn't want to know.

Strange thing is that he phoned me instead of writing. He did admit that the delay should not have happened. he wouldn't discuss the actions of the tech. support people.

Anyone ever come across this type of problem before with Dell or indeed any supplier of PC's that are still under a warranty/service agreement?

Any ideas as to what I should do now? A 20 or 30 euro USB key certainly wont compensate me for what I have lost during the time the PC was lying here and for the time it is going to lye about their repair plant

Advertisement