Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

milliondollarhomepage script

Options
  • 07-04-2006 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

I want a webpage made that is the same kind of system as milliondollarhomepage.com. it wont be exactly the same, but it will be with a pay (paypal?) system and all that too.

Any advice? serious ansers only pls.

cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Write it yourself, or commisssion someone to write it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭roastie

serious ansers only pls

if you were really serious about this and wanted to earn money from it the least you could do is build the website yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

Get someone on www.scriptlance.com to make it for a few dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

*SERIOUS VOICE*

Try http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/53177.html

*/SERIOUS VOICE*

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭NeptunesMoon

thanks but i actually want to change a few things with it,do u think it wud be an easy script to write? i dont know much about web design and would prefer not to do it myself, but then again, i dont want somebody doing it themselves and stealing the idea.

• Advertisement

...i dont want somebody doing it themselves and stealing the idea.

There's about a million different versions of this script, doing things in a small unique way.

I seriously doubt the media could be bothered with another million dollar hompage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

i dont want somebody doing it themselves and stealing the idea.

Oh, the Irony of it all!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

evilhomer wrote:
    Oh, the Irony of it all!! :rolleyes:

Exactly what I thought when I read it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

thanks but i actually want to change a few things with it,do u think it wud be an easy script to write? i dont know much about web design and would prefer not to do it myself, but then again, i dont want somebody doing it themselves and stealing the idea.

Steal the idea. So what exactly are you doing? It's hardly an origional idea if someone is already making a packet off of it. It may seem like an easy way to make loads of cash but if it was that easy why would someone write the code for you and not just do it themselves?

why would someone write the code for you and not just do it themselves?

which is the reason i made this post. my idea isnt the same as milliondollar, it just needs a script that is similar, and lads i said serious answers, i knew there'd be some smart arse unhelpful replies:(

cheers to the lads who helped, and doleman for pointing out media attention. id still like 2 try it tho.it wud only cost $10 for a domain and hopefully not much more to get it made.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

which is the reason i made this post. my idea isnt the same as milliondollar, it just needs a script that is similar, and lads i said serious answers, i knew there'd be some smart arse unhelpful replies:(

cheers to the lads who helped, and doleman for pointing out media attention. id still like 2 try it tho.it wud only cost $10 for a domain and hopefully not much more to get it made.

Are you going to build the million euro homepage, or the milllion and 1 dollar home page. That is unique.

listen buddy, have you nothing better to do? Ive asked for serious answers only, whats your problem? Ive seen all the different sites, million pound, million euro, all that. Ive said all I'm looking for is a similar script to do something different, if I wanted to do the same thing, I would have bought the one figment helpfully linked 2 and just changed the title to millionand1dollar dont u think?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

listen buddy, have you nothing better to do? Ive asked for serious answers only, whats your problem? Ive seen all the different sites, million pound, million euro, all that. Ive said all I'm looking for is a similar script to do something different, if I wanted to do the same thing, I would have bought the one figment helpfully linked 2 and just changed the title to millionand1dollar dont u think?

Ok, serious answer then. You could probably get a script done on hotscripts.com for cheap enough. The whole thing about this website though has little to do with webdesign and relies wholely on a very good and ingenuative marketing campaign, so i'd expect that is where the real cost is going to come in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭AngryAnderson

There's one born every minute. I'll take that as a pun for my first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

id still like 2 try it tho.it wud only cost $10 for a domain and hopefully not much more to get it made.
    Not that simple. Other than he fact that I sincerely doubt you’ll find anyone to do any significant (or any) development work for “not much more” than $10, you must understand that just because you have a Web site does not mean that anyone will ever visit it and so publicising it will involve a lot of ongoing effort, expertise and, invariably, money.

Additionally, while I do not know the full nature of your idea, from your description so far it seems to be a variation on the existing ‘million dollar homepage’ concept - making you a market lagger. This means that unless you have a significant edge, no amount of development or advertising is going to really make it fly. As such I would suggest that, assuming that you have not done so already, you seek advice on the idea itself, not necessarily here, with someone who understands the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Fergal C

The site below used to sell I just checked it out and it appears to have stopped, might be worth your while emailing them.

http://www.themilliondollarscript.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

*cries*

It was a vaguely clever idea the first time round. It HAS BEEN DONE TO DEATH. No variation on it will be sufficiently unique that anyone with a working brain would be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

rsynnott wrote:
    It was a vaguely clever idea the first time round.

On the contrary it was quite possibly the least clever idea in the history of the net. Moral of the story: simple yet novel ideas work... the first time around.

It was a stupid idea that made a lot of money. If you want to make lots of money from a stupid idea then more power to you but you could be spending the rest of your life banging your head off a wall while AIB repossess your house and some dudes in bomber jackets take your car back to the credit agency. Otherwise you could be entepreneurial and use your talent and hard work to devise and ingenious long-term plan to make a success of yourself. I don't know... just a thought. :o

If you want to make lots of money from a stupid idea then more power to you but you could be spending the rest of your life banging your head off a wall while AIB repossess your house and some dudes in bomber jackets take your car back to the credit agency.

:confused::confused::confused:

????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

man - this thread has got it all.

DOLEMAN wrote:
    :confused::confused::confused:

????

Let me rephrase - people who try to make a quick buck are usually muppets. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement