Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: Strange

• 07-04-2006 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Ok this is from episode 17:

Do you remember back to season 1 when Boone was still alive and Loche and Boone were out in the jungle working on the hatch. After many attempts at opening the hatch they failed until loche decided to build a huge sling like device. The idea was that this device could smash the glass on the door of the hatch.

Now when they used this device it failed and broke into pieces. Upon breaking a piece of the Sling hit Loche in the leg and stuck into his leg. When Boone seen it he asked if Loche was ok etc. Now at this stage Loche was unaware that this piece of steel was sticking out of his leg. He removed the piece of shrapnel and contuined. At the very end of the episode it finished with Loche stabbing himself in the leg with a knife and again could NOT feel it.

Now fast forward to episode 17 season 2. When the door in the hatch came crushing down on Loche, why could he feel the door on his leg. If he is infact still paralized then how is it he fealt this?

Also in episode 18 when Jack is working on Loche's leg he again can feel Jack pushing down on his leg.

Makes no sence.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The feeling comes back to his legs when Boone dies. He carries him back to the camp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Faith wrote:
    The feeling comes back to his legs when Boone dies. He carries him back to the camp.

No, the movement of his legs came back so he was able to carry Boone back to the camp not the feeling. His legs have no feeling but yet they did when the door came down on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

No, the movement of his legs came back so he was able to carry Boone back to the camp not the feeling. His legs have no feeling but yet they did when the door came down on them.

Learn how legs work mate.

Anima wrote:

I am well aware of how legs work, don't patronise me. If you have nothing more to say than your post please don't bother replying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

No need to be so defensive. If you look into Anima's nice little piece of sarcastic wit, you will realise that what he is trying to say is that if your legs are paralyzed then you simultaneously cannot move them nor feel with them. However, once he can move them, then by the same logic he can feel them.

Locke was losing "his faith" and as such was losing the "miracle" that allowed him to use his legs again. It was only after boone died, for whatever reason, that this was reversed.

So he can now feel with and use his legs.

• Advertisement

I was out of line, but i was only trying to put across the point that the Island has the ability to give and take Loches legs whenever it sees fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Ivan wrote:
    if your legs are paralyzed then you simultaneously cannot move them nor feel with them. However, once he can move them, then by the same logic he can feel them.

ahhh! so thats how legs work.
    it all makes sense now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I assumed his paralysis was psychosomatic.

I had original thought that after the kidney transplant he had become so annoyed at his father for taking his kidney that he thought the operation had gone wrong and he was left paralysised after it.

He see the Island as a new life where he has no barriers and that was why he gains feeling in his legs and he recovers from his psychosomatic state.

His psychosomatic state returns when he feels guilty about the death of Boone.

But perhaps I thought too much about that. :rolleyes:

Also I haven't seen Episode 17 Season 2 yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Anima wrote:
    I think you'll find that his legs were working but he couldn't feel them. He then lost the use of his legs and subsequently regained them This does not mean he regained feeling in his legs.

Learn to read the original post.

Oh an OP you should probably put US in the title or spoiler some of that stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Eh..... k sprinkles. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Ooohhh, what an insightful response, I particulary liked the :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Its perfectly reasonable to say that locke could use his legs yet not feel them, it happens to many stroke victims around the world every day.

Learn to play nice children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

My understanding of it was that locke was loosing feeling in his legs gradually during the s01 episode (ex machina, me thinks) which is why he was testing himself with pins and fire etc., and then this led to loss of use, but then when boon died, and he had his cry on the hatch, he got the use back and then the feeling. I like Ivan's thoughts on the paralysis mirroring lack of faith. Maybe if his faith grows even more, he'll grow some hair!

Advertisement