Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wind Power

Options
  • 07-04-2006 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got any experience of generating their own electricity from a wind turbine? Anyone know of a good supplier of wind turbines? First hand reccomendations prefered please!

I live in an exposed part of Kerry and there are wind farms near me (so 'supply' must be good) If I get the site I want, I will build my own house and I want to generate some electricity of my own, and I figure it is easier to incorporate any ideas / restrictions / designs from the beginning, rather than patch them on afterwards.

The ESB seem fine with doing it, and have sent me a couple of docs (attached here) but I am looking for first hand pratical advice, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

There's a very long thread about generating your own electricity from wind power in the Green Issues forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

thanks. I did quick scan for threads like this, but didnt find any. Guess I should have searched longer / harder. I will check it out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭gallantman

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CharlieRabbit

Has anybody tried SurfacePowers products? I read the thread started by Xonecentral but would like to hear other people's experieneces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

yes, i read the thread too, and it started well, but went off the point (imho).

I would love to know if this site/company is as good as it looks..... or as good as xonecentral says. I am building a house later this year, or next year, and I am VERY tempted to go with these guys.

Anyone else know if Surface Power is good buy?

• Advertisement
Advertisement