Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bt

Options
  • 07-04-2006 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

I'm so sorry if this has come up before, I actually can't remember if I've posted it here or not and since I'm back on 56k the search on boards is painful. Anyway, I got dsl with Esat back in Feb of '05. They disconnected me about three weeks ago. I called to see what the story was, and they basically said that they had not recieved any payments. When I got the dsl, I set up a direct debit service with them, I gave them all of my details, and even informed the bank about it. They claimed that back in August a payment never went through, and that none has ever went through since then. Now the amount I owe is exactly the amount I would owe if no payment ever went through. I got a bank statement, and indeed, what BT are telling me is total arse. This August lark is totally false. The money has always been in my account, I've had over 5 grand in this account for the last two and a half years, so there was never not enough cash in there to pay anything. The only ever payment BT have taken from the account was the "self install" charge of 190. That went through perfectly, but nothing else did. Now if that went through, I'd assume there would be no problem with the rest. I never once recieved a letter from BT claiming that I owe them money before I was cut off. I did recieve a letter after I called them and asked what was going on. I am seriously considering contacting ComReg about this issue. Has anyone had similar experiences? My friend over the road signed up with them when they first released dsl and he has never ever been charged, by boss is currently going through the same thing with them and owes them 1800 euro.

Comments

Advertisement