Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any new mums interested in a Mummys and baby group

Options
  • 07-04-2006 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi Mums,

I was wondering if any new mums living in Charlesland would be interested in having a coffee morning once a week just so we can all meet up and not have to talk baby talk for a couple of hours to keep us sane!! I would host the first one if anyone was interested!! I heard its a great way to get tips from other mums and a nice way of meeting your new neighbours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

I think that's a great idea even though I not a 'Mum' and don't plan to be I still think it's a great idea.

Best of Luck INCH!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

i'd love to but i'm back at work now. have a 6 month old little boy. think it's a great idea. is the odd saturday morning out of the question? would be happy to host as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

Mrs Daveco23 would be interested, although is not due til september.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Saterday mornings would be good too ...really any day that suits everyone...
    Daveco...congrats on the news of your expected little one...your better half :D is more than welcome as she would learn so much if its her first as I just had my first and really wished I had talked more to other new mums to learn all about new medical interests and baybstuff in general really....as soon as more people seem interested I will organise the first meeting ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ryecatcher

I hope to be moving into CPark in the next few weeks.. I have an 8week old and a 2.5yr old and would love to do a weekly coffee morning. Was thinking of organising one myself once I move in. Have heard that the chemist will be starting one soon...

• Advertisement

Brilliant...they are so nice in the Chemist and they love when you bring in your baby, they have a good old natter to you and are great at suggesting things for Colic or cradle cap or nappy rash etc!! They really couldnt be nicer, so the fact that they are trying to set that up is no suprise...great idea, great staff, great customer service!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sam1

Hi new to this also new Mum so think this is a great idea am free Thurs & friday if thats any good - look forward to hearing if we get this started ...;)

Hi All...was talking to the girls in the Chemist this am and they said they are doing a coffee morning sometime in May and will be giving out samples etc so it sounds good but it wont be happening every week from the sounds of it so I think I may offer to hold the first Charlesland coffee morning maybe Friday week the 21st April if anyone is interested? If those who our genuinely interest want to let me know so I can mark my hectic calender!!!:D

Once we even get one or too I will give details etc.
    Look forward to meeting you all.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ruth Meadows

Hiya All

The date has been confirmed for the coffee morning, it's Tuesday 9 May at 10.30.
    Look forward to meeting you all.
    Any ideas for activities on the morning please pop in and have a chat.
    We can't promise to hold the events weekly but will try to hold them on a regular basis

Ruth,Lisa,Sandra and Gerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Liam81

hi all
    im using bf's username at the mo. due to move into the grove around end june. expecting 1st baby in october and would definitly be interested in meeting up after that so i really hope the idea takes off and is still running at this stage :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jaynie

Can I come...although not a new mum anymore? I have a (only just) 2 year old and would love to meet other mums in Charlesland. I'm in the Wood and don't know any mums in the area.

Hi all,

If anyone wants to meet up this Friday I will host the first morning. Just send me a personal message and I will forward u my details. Even if there are just a couple of us we can have a chat, coffee and some Chocolate Orange Hob nobs!! Would 11am or 12 noon suit?

Jaynie of course you are welcome...u could probably give us newbies lost of tips and sure its great to meet people anyway no matter if your a new mum or have a truck load of them.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

putting this as a "sticky" thread till Friday

Eoin

For all those interested i am holding the first morning in my house on Friday at 11am. We have a couple of interested mums already so dont forget to send me a personal message so i can send u my details. Look forward meeting u.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

INCH wrote:
    For all those interested i am holding the first morning in my house on Friday at 11am. We have a couple of interested mums already so dont forget to send me a personal message so i can send u my details. Look forward meeting u.:D

Mrs Daveco23 is still working unfortunately, but let us know if there are any plans on weekends...

Hi Davco....we have a few people for tomorrow so if all goes well we might do a Sat morning too as a few mums with toddlers want to meet up too and they are back in work so cant meet up mid week.. will let you know as soon as possible when the first Sat would be possible.:D

Hi All...we had our first meeting even though there was only a few if us it was lovely to meet up and have a chat and bicys!! Just to let you know I heard from a friend that there is also a Mommys & Toddlers/Baby group that meet on Tuedays in st patricks church, church road, greystones at 1015am. It is held by the Irish Childbirth Trust and I think it costs a couple of Euros but well worth a visit my friend said so I may go and check it out if anyone else is interested too. Will post soon when we will have the next morning in my house so look forward to seeing you. May have it on a Sat so mums who work can come.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 CathD

Hi there mums and babies,
    I would be interested in popping along to the next coffee morning. I live in Charlesland Wood and have a 7 month old boy so will keep an eye out for details..... Any day suits me as I'm not working at the moment.
    Cath

I am holding another coffee morning and was wondering if anyone would like it this Friday or should I leave it to the followinf weekend as this weekend is a bank holiday. I am around anyway so they both suit or we can do both!:D Please let me know anyway what suits. See ya soon...:D

Hi all...going to have another coffee morning in my house, thinking about this Friday 12th May if any of you are interested. Let me know and I will get the cake in!!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement