Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€10 Deposit for Galway LAN Sticky,

• 07-04-2006 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

As there seems to be some confusion over this deposit I will explain it fully here:

This Deposit has been created for the sole purpose of running a better LAN for dedicated players. If anyone looses their deposit that money will be put straight back into the LAN as a prize and not as profit or equipment expenses.
    We do not take peoples deposits, people *Loose* their own deposit by not taking the appropriate measures to ensure their machine is running prior to the competition start time.

This is a list of problems that can cause a user to loose their deposits:
    1. Don’t have the correct patches/updates
    2. Are unavailable to play at competition start time (this includes, but not restricted to: food runs, signing up but not wanting to play, etc)
    3. Hardware problems that are not "acts of god" that happen during the LAN,
    4. Pc problems, driver issues, hidden processes that you have not sorted before competition start time, and any hardware faults that are deemed as user error/fault)

Therefore it is your responsibility to ensure that your machine running correctly prior to competition start time.

To reiterate, this is not a *COST INCREASE*. We shall not be taking this money as lan profit, it is there to ensure that competitions run as smoothly as possible. All lost deposits shall be paid out in prizes for the benefit of the dedicated LAN gamers (people who ensure their machine runs correctly) to win.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yee may as well just take my tenner.
    *aims kick at computer*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

hehehhe

Right.
    Myself, Asok and DooDee are on IRC chatting about this at the moment.
    I've gotten clarification from JP about how things will play out in X-Y-Z scenarios.
    I'm pretty happy with this.

Essentially: If you're a lazy n00b who shows up late with nothing installed and then expect the rest of the lan to wait till you uncoil your tongue from your ass, you lose your tenner and the chance to play/win the tournament(s) you weren't ready for. You can still play and win in any other tournament you've entered which you were locked and loaded for.

There'll be plenty of time before the tournaments kick-off to download, install and test patches and games. That's worst-case scenario.
    You should endeavour to have this ready before the lan.

We'll have the tourny game servers left open with plenty of slots for testing/fun-games.

This is for the good of the n00bs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

This make the BF2 tournament to much of a hassel as at the last lan I could see other peoples servers but not the tournament server.
    Act of God me thinks, he never did like me:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

that will be sorted before the due date. as thats an administrative error you wouldn't incur the penalty

Advertisement