Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smashed....

• 07-04-2006 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I'm always smashed... Sometimes I can't even effort a bed for the night... Anytime I have to much stuff I sell some on... Don't know where it's all going... Anyone know how to make easy gold fast....
    BTW I'm in the fighters guild, nearly in the mages guild (have to get recommendations).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Inisin

Close the Kvatch gate and sell the loot that you find there. Dremora stuff can sell for a bit but it weights a ton, I got one of the dimensional pocket/portal things that I dump stuff in to when I get full. After clearing the area out I head to the shop, stay within talking distance of the shop keep and load up on all the equipment I have in my little area. The cash starts to flow in then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Dungeons are good for money (if you can carry all the loot you get there). The arena is good for some quick cash too.
    You can sleep in the guilds.

Get your sneaking and security up and just rob people :)
    If your sneaking is high enough you can pickpocket people without them noticing (quicksave before you do, in case it goes wrong).

Don't worry, money isn't much of a problem later on. I have so much money now I don't know what to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Walbert

Inisin wrote:
    Close the Kvatch gate and sell the loot that you find there. Dremora stuff can sell for a bit but it weights a ton, I got one of the dimensional pocket/portal things that I dump stuff in to when I get full. After clearing the area out I head to the shop, stay within talking distance of the shop keep and load up on all the equipment I have in my little area. The cash starts to flow in then.

Where did you get the dimensional pocket/portal, seems like a handy little gizmo??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

koneko wrote:
    Dungeons are good for money (if you can carry all the loot you get there). The arena is good for some quick cash too.
    You can sleep in the guilds.

Get your sneaking and security up and just rob people :)
    If your sneaking is high enough you can pickpocket people without them noticing (quicksave before you do, in case it goes wrong).

Don't worry, money isn't much of a problem later on. I have so much money now I don't know what to do with it.

What control do you use to pickpocket? I dont know how..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Sneak up behind someone, and walk (not run). Watch the eye you see as it'll tell you if someone has spotted you or not (it'll be light/faded or dark/normal).
    You'll see a little red hand icon, just press space (as if you were going to talk to them) and it'll pickpocket them.

Definitely quicksave though (F5, if you're on PC), that way if it goes wrong, you haven't lost anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Sometimes I can't even effort a bed for the night

Not certain if Im reading this right, but you dont need to sleep unless youre levelling afaik. Just "wait" to heal up etc etc. And you can use guild beds for free, as well as the various campsites about the place.
    Anyone know how to make easy gold fast....

Hunt Imps. They drop Imp Galls which value at 15 and weigh .2 so theyre pretty fantastic in terms of weight to payoff ratio. You can find plenty at Fort Nomore (on the road to Leyawiin from the Imperial City - about halfway). Also,
    If you go all the way through Fort Nomore, you might find a Robe of Glib (think thats the name) at the bottom of the dungeon in a chest. Or at least I found one there. Value 2.4K Gold, so if youre interested in quick cash you can sell it. It fortifies your personality, speechcraft and mercantile skills with constant effect so I keep it but its your call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Inisin

Walbert wrote:
    Where did you get the dimensional pocket/portal, seems like a handy little gizmo??

http://www.tescreens.be/oblivionmodwiki/index.php/Category:Mods

Although it seems to have some problems. Over popular maybe :) it was listing over 400 oblivion mods when I checked a few days ago... 400...

Another good mod site is http://www.tessource.net/files/ (total mods: 634!)

As for the pocket I use http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=2325

There is one for fire and one for ether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Dungeons/ruins/Oblivion gates and get hold of Forghrims Travelogue from one of the mod sites. You can use it to mark a spot (8 or so different ones I think) and then instantly recall to it later - no matter how encumbered you are. The idea is to Mark near your favourite merchant then to raid a dungeon and carry all the loot to a central spot, presuming you can't move while holding it all at once, pick it all up when you have everything you need gathered and then recall to the merchant to sell it. There was an official spell combo to do this in Morrowind so I don't see it as much of a cheat, just a time saver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Walbert wrote:
    I'm always smashed... Sometimes I can't even effort a bed for the night... Anytime I have to much stuff I sell some on... Don't know where it's all going... Anyone know how to make easy gold fast....
    BTW I'm in the fighters guild, nearly in the mages guild (have to get recommendations).

:D I love how Oblivion isn't even mentioned once, it's just a given now that any thread in roleplaying is to do with Oblivion! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Yes no one talks about anything else.. well maybe gothic 2 :D

Seems there are no rich merchants in this game unlike morrowind which had 2 strange ones (mudcrab 10k and creep 5k).
    Highest in Oblivion seems to be 1200 so when i get some nice items worth up to 5k Or more!! I can only sell for 1200!!

My problem was weight.. all the loot i picked up was so heavy i sometimes have had to take off all my stuff.. leave it grab all the loot.. go sell it then come back for my stuff. I was casting feather spells.. now i can cast pack mule which gives me about another 100pts (or more...) of weight i can carry. About 475 or so now.

Anyway most i have had in the game was 13000 and i did buy a huge manor for 5k
    in anvil.
    No where near as rich as i was in morrowind though.. maybe thats a good thing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

In my opinion the easiest way to make money is potions, they are easy to make and sell for a fairly good price. I loves the potions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Easy but do not make that much money... still its fun.. now i own a house i dump all my ingredients in there so its less for me to carry. Need to work on my alchemy.. can only see 2 properties right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Saruman wrote:
    Easy but do not make that much money... still its fun.. now i own a house i dump all my ingredients in there so its less for me to carry. Need to work on my alchemy.. can only see 2 properties right now.

Potion making was the single easiest way to make money up to about level 12 when good equipment starts to show up. Also before you get good weapons with damage on strike, poison was the way to go for hurting enemies.

I love this game but a lot of my favourite aspects are so badly designed it drives me mad sometimes

Advertisement