Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone ordered Season 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Be careful, the amazon disc set is only volume 1, might be availabe in 2 volumes ala Lost etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

yeah, this is the first half of the series, really getting sick of this '2 volume dvd' for each series...it's a real gip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

I know. Season 2.0 (with 2.5 to follow).

But I'm working my way through season 1 and I've heard it ends on a muchos cliff hanger so I want season 2 waiting....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

It might end on a cliffhanger alright. :D

You're not far behind me. I'm still doing one episode per week to drag it out 'til season 3 comes out, though this is very difficult to do. I might start dragging up the per-episode threads for discussion if we hit the same point at any stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Anyone know when this will be hitting Irish shores?

• Advertisement

Khannie wrote:
    It might end on a cliffhanger alright. :D

You're not far behind me. I'm still doing one episode per week to drag it out 'til season 3 comes out, though this is very difficult to do. I might start dragging up the per-episode threads for discussion if we hit the same point at any stage.

Well, I'm gonna be nerding it up this weekend so I should have it finished (and then be suitably 'cliff hangered' to want to rant! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Just finished watching season 1 the other day. anxiously waiting for season 2 now. Argh! need my fix!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I wouldn't recomemend DVDsoon at all... I've had problems with them in the past.

http://www.dvdpacific.com/ are usually pretty good.. although their site seems to be down at the moment.

I got my original bsg series off an australian site (search this forum for posts by me) and it was region 4 + 2 and pretty reasonable.

Quad and chalky: how would you feel about synching up and making our own thread for discussion? My plan was to watch season 2 one episode per week so that I wouldn't have a big gap before season 3 kicks off. I'm going to be watching Season 2, episode 5 next week, but I could hold off if you lads were interested in that idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

jasus Khannie, your only past me by 3 episodes. I've just finished S2EP2, nothing too great about the first two episodes of series 2 imo.

Cliffhanger is right! i couldn't hold off seeing what happened, I went straight for EP1 of Season 2

• Advertisement

:D

So are you interested in doing the one episode per week thing then? It'd be nice to be able to chat about it with other like minded heads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

jasus Khannie, your only past me by 3 episodes. I've just finished S2EP2, nothing too great about the first two episodes of series 2 imo.
    Yeah... I found season two took it's time to get going. But it does get very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i would but....i have my final exams coming up so i'm on a crazy schedule with regards battle star time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Not to beat around the bush, I already have it all on DVD...

Still, I intend to buy the boxed set for the full season when it reaches these shores.

I would go with the whole thread thing but I intend - once I get time, and the actual season 2 - to watch it all at once (I'm like that - no patience).

Khannie wrote:
    Quad and chalky: how would you feel about synching up and making our own thread for discussion? My plan was to watch season 2 one episode per week so that I wouldn't have a big gap before season 3 kicks off. I'm going to be watching Season 2, episode 5 next week, but I could hold off if you lads were interested in that idea.

Aagggghh! I watched the season one finale on Thursday night after the Sopranos and I was left blood well speechless by the end of the night!

Khannie, I'd defo be on for that.

Holding off watching the end of season 2 on Sky is killing me - but i think its worth it cos I'll get much more out of it watching it in chronological order <rocks back and forth>

You see I've kinda spoilt it for myself, I've watched a number of episodes from season 2 on sky including the opening episode so I know what happens. I'm resisting the urge to watch the new episodes now though.

Nice one quad. I slipped a bit and watched episode 6 last night (should have waited 'til Monday) but I can hold off a bit for you. Have you actually ordered the dvd's?

ebay on Thursday morn - a decent seller and he's based in the UK so hopefully, any day now....

today off an ebay seller in England.

Got it for €34 incl. delivery which took only 3 working days.

This beats the socks off any of the international dvd sites etc. and everything is above board - well recommended seller and the dvds are authentic etc.

The guy seems to have a few more galactica boxsets for sale so if anyone is interested I can give ya the seller [i hope this is ok with the mods - I hummed and hawed about where to get it myself, just trying to spare some folks some time]

• Advertisement

Glad to hear it arrived for you. :D Get crackin' and I'll see you at episode 6. :D

I'll rewatch the first few on the PSP over the next few days, so crack open a thread when you've started watching.

Gonna do it now son ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Season 2.0 just arrived for me the other day and I watched the first 2 eps last night.

I hate when they split dvds into 2 sections,but I bought the mini series and season 1 on whim and loved it. After the season 1 finale I just needed a BSG fix! lol At this stage I don't care it is split in two. I guess I will though at the end of season 2.0 and 2.5 won't be out until September at some stage.

Advertisement