Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd vs. Arsenal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i agree but i found Ronaldo poor too
    i taught he would have made Flamini job alot harder but he didn't
    quite disappointing

yeah 4got about ronaldo, didnt do a whole lot either. plus he didnt track back and left our midfield stretched as hell at times.

also, park came inside FAR too much, was screaming at the tv when he kept coming side, leaving acres of space on the flank. very dangerous against a passing side like arsenal who love to switch the play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

mr_angry wrote:
    I have to admit, United are in the ascendancy at the end of the half. Fair cop about the penalty, but I think "blatant" is exactly the wrong word to use. Only after about 10 replays did anyone even begin to see it.

Graham Poll has been rubbish so far though. The number of soft free kicks is unbelievable.

blatant, as in it was a defo penalty, not blatant, as in it looked like a defo handball

Willem D wrote:
    Hopefully now Saha can bag one with his introduction imminent.

as a united fan i think saha isn't good enough to be on the united team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Great performance and result in the end. By the time Chelsea play their next game it could be a 4-point gap. That would look nice on paper and it would also keep the pressure on Chelsea to win their game. If both teams keep winning from now until the end of the season and Chelsea do win the title than so be it, United can't do any more than they are doing now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

lucky for all involved what you think doesnt matter.

He has proved he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

blatant, as in it was a defo penalty, not blatant, as in it looked like a defo handball

I'm sure we'd hear alot more about that handball if a Chelsea player had commited the crime though. The media don't quite like to create such a circus around Arsenal and Wenger as they do at Stamford Bridge.

Good win for United. Looking forward to seeing the game on MOTD tonight. Saw the goals on the news there.

What's the deal with Silvestre by the way? That's the second defence splitting pass he has played in as many weeks AFAIK.

Wasn't just the pass, he was up and down the left wing like a man possessed today, great performance.

Perhaps the pressure of having Evra and Heinze behind him is getting to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

He is getting back to the Slyvestre of old. It looks like the competition for places has done him good. The way he is going, if he keeps it up, he'll keep Heinze out of the team.
    That said, I'm fairly sure he is going to be sold this summer either way, so all he is doing is pushing up his prices. Especially now that he has gotten back into the WC squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Quality result...Heinze will walk back into the team when he is back

And Saha has pretty much proven he deserves a place in the team over recent weeks. Van Nistelrooy didn't look match fit today, slightly worrying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Great Result for United. Rooney was my MOTM but Vidic played a stormer as well. Great ball from Sylvestre , Heinze is nearlly ready to come back so Fergie will have a decision to make there. O Shea is doing well in midfield. Ruud was not great today and Ronaldo didn't have a good game either.

Still 3 points from an inform Arsenal is an excellent result , 9 wins in a row now, The title is still Chelseas to lose but if they slip up united a poised and playing well enough to pounce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

I have to say i was impressed with Vidic today he looked like a good player.
    I am quite surprised by Silvestre too he is actually playing well!

Jammer wrote:
    lucky for all involved what you think doesnt matter.

He has proved he is.

:rolleyes: in the reserve team maybe, but i can never see him challenging rooney or ruud for their spot

in the reserve team maybe, but i can never see him challenging rooney or ruud for their spot

Have you watched football in the last couple of weeks or whats the story?

but i can never see him challenging rooney or ruud for their spot
    Actually, no need to even comment....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

-edit-

stupid double post :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

:rolleyes: in the reserve team maybe, but i can never see him challenging rooney or ruud for their spot

Had a nice holiday ?

While you were gone, Saha was a fixture in the united starting line up for several games and scored almost every game :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Arsenal started well but then united took control. The midfield for arsenal was poor expecially pires and hleb. Did nothing of note. They looked a very tired side especially in the second half.

Aw well easier games now to go before the end of the season. 4th place is still very achievable. 3 points at Pompy is a must. Bolton out of the race now for 4th spot
    fabregas was found out, he's not the best midfielder in the world as some have started saying

Started well but then faded. I think that playing 4 matches in 2 weeks may have some thing to do with it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Great result from United. The back 4 were immense,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

p_larkin99 wrote:
    Quality result...Heinze will walk back into the team when he is back

Apparently Fergie was sayin that he wont play Heinze until next season, even though he should be fit for the last couple of games, including the Chelsea game, because he doesnt wanna play him to get him fit in such an important couple of games! so we wont see Heinze palying until next season unless united lose a game or so and have no hope of catchin Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Rofl, post of the day!

Decent game to watch, United deserved the win and Rooney was different class.

PHB wrote:
    Have you watched football in the last couple of weeks or whats the story?

i know he scored a lot of goals in the league cup, ruud is having a bad spell at the mo, but if you think saha is > ruud then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Deserved win for United, after the first 20 minutes Arsenal were nowhere to be seen. I think it was fairly evident in how they faded that the games are taking their toll on Arsenal now which is worrying as their fixture list gets pretty crowded from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

i know he scored a lot of goals in the league cup

Eh, what!?!?!

Do you even support Man Utd?? He's been banging them in consistenly for the past few weeks... in the Premiership!

I'm the biggest supporter of Ruud you'll find on these boards, one of my favorite players, but it's just silly to suggest that he couldn't challenge Ruud for a spot, when he has for the last 2 months!

Also you'll note that the run of form that United have been in is when Saha is in the team. He certainly makes united a different team.
    Anyway, he has got 6 goals from 9 starts and 3 subs appearances. He guy is a decent player, and theres no point in pretending he isn't.

I don't think he is as good as Ruud, but in the current team, he seems to make the team play better. I want to see Saha and Ruud form a partnership next season, give Rooney a little more protection.

• Advertisement

PHB wrote:
    I'm the biggest supporter of Ruud you'll find on these boards, one of my favorite players, but it's just silly to suggest that he couldn't challenge Ruud for a spot, when he has for the last 2 months!

Also you'll note that the run of form that United have been in is when Saha is in the team. He certainly makes united a different team.
    Anyway, he has got 6 goals from 9 starts and 3 subs appearances. He guy is a decent player, and theres no point in pretending he isn't.

I don't think he is as good as Ruud, but in the current team, he seems to make the team play better. I want to see Saha and Ruud form a partnership next season, give Rooney a little more protection.

Yes i agree but if ruud is playing his best, saha would not chalenge him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Deserved win for United, after the first 20 minutes Arsenal were nowhere to be seen. I think it was fairly evident in how they faded that the games are taking their toll on Arsenal now which is worrying as their fixture list gets pretty crowded from now on.

Cheers Royale ye summed up exactly what I wanted to say. A win on Wednesday is a must, hopefully Henry will be on from the start, and we can nick the three points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

jank wrote:
    Started well but then faded. I think that playing 4 matches in 2 weeks may have some thing to do with it ;)

Excuses....excuses.

(you might want to edit your sig now considering what happened today)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

United won that fairly and squarely (even with arsenal bringing along their own ref and linesmen). No penalty (Yeah right) 3 yellow cards for United (! for Silvestre when Senderos [was it him?] tripped himself up). Me bollix we beat you fair and square now suck it up and deal with it.

PS still hope Villareal do it to you though. Mind you am aware of the fact that roman iight just ask Jose why can Arsenal get this far and Chelsea not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

s8n wrote:
    Excuses....excuses.

(you might want to edit your sig now considering what happened today)

Why?

John O'Shea is now one of the best midfielders in world?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

:rolleyes:

Yes i agree but if ruud is playing his best, saha would not chalenge him

Ruud and Saha are different types of Striker, while Ruud is one of the best finishers in the Game it can bu argued that Saha s pace and movement is a the more potent attacking option for the team. I would not be surprised to see Ruud sold in the summer if United were offered good money for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well done to United today, now you better make it worthwhile and catch bloody Chelsea !!!

(otherwise I will have to listen to the sisters hubby for another year !!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

:D people have voted since the match finished...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

jank wrote:
    Why?

John O'Shea is now one of the best midfielders in world?

Better than anything the gooners had to offer yesterday.

....oh sorry, they were tired, what am I thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Excellent win from United. Rooney was outstanding

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Great win, don't know if Arsenal were too interested though but was an exciting match.

Rooney was excellent as were Vidic and Silvestre. Another step towards securing 2nd, but they again the team who actually deserve 2nd might yet take it off us ;)
    9 matches won in a row now, league winning form apart from Chelsea been that step ahead.! Still don't think we will catch them but gives a bit of interest to the end of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Man U desreved it but it'll be for nothing as they won't catch Chelski.

Change your sig to Gary Neville is an arsehole, he hates scousers because they are more successful than Man U .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

The_B_Man wrote:
    Apparently Fergie was sayin that he wont play Heinze until next season

That would make sense, no need to bring him back, my point was that when he is fit he will play ahead of our other left backs, possibly even at centre half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

BolBill wrote:

Change your sig to Gary Neville is an arsehole, he hates scousers because they are more successful than Man U .....
    yeah I'm sure his countless winners medals are keeping him awake at night...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sir, you are oh so very wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

RasTa wrote:
    Sir, you are oh so very wrong
    I disagree. He's a good player, but as things stand he's not good enough to be first choice. You play your best players, in their best positions. Ruud is our best striker. Plain and simple. Louis has been playing well, yes. But Ruud is still our top scorer, and the leagues joint top scorer, if I'm not mistaken. Louis scored quite a few goals in his good run recently, but to be honest, he had quite a few poor games, but that goes unnoticed when he scores. And before anyone points it out, I know he had some very good games too, but for me, it's Ruud all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

BolBill wrote:

Think Neville's medal count is alot more than any Liverpool player can boast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Big Nelly wrote:
    Think Neville's medal count is alot more than any Liverpool player can boast
    especailly in the Premier League - but it all counts for nothing as he doesn't even play for the second best team ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

but it all counts for nothing as he doesn't even play for the second best team

What are u on about??
    For crying out loud the league table doesn't lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Mossin wrote:
    What are u on about??
    For crying out loud the league table doesn't lie.
    lol read the thread

BolBill wrote:

What really makes me laugh about post like this one is that these are the very people that say "I dont really mind United but it's their supporters that I can't stand" as if we are a breed apart or someting.

I not directing this solely at Bolbill but to ye that have used that line do you ever read your own posts ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

lol read the thread

The thread is about Utd and Arsenal, and you start saying that Neville doesn't even play for the 2nd best team in the league, you gotta be kidding me.
    I said the league table doesnt lie, the fact is Utd havent been beaten by a team in the top 5 in the league this season, so if that doesnt make them the 2nd best team in the league what does?? In fact apart from a few stupid dropped points, Middlesbro and Balckburn come to mind, Utd would be right up on Chelsea.
    So dont be spouting nonsense.

Mossin wrote:
    The thread is about Utd and Arsenal, and you start saying that Neville doesn't even play for the 2nd best team in the league, you gotta be kidding me.
    I said the league table doesnt lie, the fact is Utd havent been beaten by a team in the top 5 in the league this season, so if that doesnt make them the 2nd best team in the league what does?? In fact apart from a few stupid dropped points, Middlesbro and Balckburn come to mind, Utd would be right up on Chelsea.
    So dont be spouting nonsense.

He's being sarcastic. At the start of this thread, a Liverpool supporter, el rabitos, came on here and said that United were not the second best team in the league, Liverpool are. If you read the entire thread, you'll see it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

The Muppet has answered this "statement" already.

Advertisement