Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xo.com hosting query

Options
  • 07-04-2006 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

In need of some help. I'm helping a friend set up a website for his company and he registered with xo.com before consulting with me. It wouldn't have been my personal choice but anyway, the problem i'm having is quite simple.

I created a few pages and uploaded them via xo.com's file manager, but the website (www[.]bluettconran[.]com) still says under construction...do I have to disable the 'under construction' page somehow?? Any help appreciated, cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

find the file that contains the under construction info and replace it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Thats the thing, there was no files in the directory... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Are you sure you are posting in the right directory? Do you see any subdirectories like htdocs? The top level directory for the file manager might not be the document root.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

The only directory there is called files, and uploading the pages to that does nothing. I tried creating a sub-directory under several names, including web, htdocs and www, to no avail.

However I think I may have discovered the problem. I think my friend only signed up for Email Hosting, rather than Web Site Hosting, so it will only hold the domain name and let you create a one page intro from their own templates... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Yup, its just email hosting... plonker...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I love it when customers make IT decisions for themselves...

• Advertisement
Advertisement