Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For non United/Chelsea fans

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

He won't be laughing if he lets it slip though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

United - Stick it to Chelsea regardless!!
    I'd have to say Chelsea ftw myself...I like morhino's arrogance and over the top antics on the pitch and his outrages comments and claims..he's like a cartoon character or something and I find it all quite amusing :) (plus I like to see Duff achieveing everything he deserves...what a talent!)

Also, there's not that many Chelsea supporters around Ireland (that I know anyway) so you wont hear that much gloating.

As for UTD, I don't really mind them, I like a lot of their players and they've been a great club to watch over the years and have achieved some great things and given some great matches. Plus how could you not like a club led by Roy Keane and all the great matches and performance against the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, juventes etc.

While we're talking about "contenders" the clubs I don't like are Arsenal and Liverpool.

Arsenal because of their players and manager, i don't really like them (although sometimes amasing to watch)

Liverpool are my least favourite team of all!! :o And unfortunatly the most supported English club in Ireland and on this board imo, so that wont be a popular choice. And to be honest lads, it's cause of their fans! I thought the gloating after the CL was getting so repetative and I don't think they're anything more than an average team who's fans act like they're one of he best. (Kind of why I don't like the English team, media and fans talking as though they're amasing and such an arrogance) Also I think Liverpools CL win was simualr to Greece winning the EC...very average team that was very lucky (in most games imo)...and have steven gerrard.

So for me, it's win win :) Chelsea or UTD

Also, Liverpool didn't win it, Chelsea would have knocked them out but the ref didn't allow it, and they didn't win the final, Milan lost it...they dominated them so much they switched off and then we got the steven gerrard show :D

sorry. be gentle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Liverpool are my least favourite team of all!! And unfortunatly the most supported English club in Ireland and on this board imo, so that wont be a popular choice. And to be honest lads, it's cause of their fans! I thought the gloating after the CL was getting so repetative and I don't think they're anything more than an average team who's fans act like they're one of he best. (Kind of why I don't like the English team, media and fans talking as though they're amasing and such an arrogance) Also I think Liverpools CL win was simualr to Greece winning the EC...very average team that was very lucky (in most games imo)...and have steven gerrard.

So for me, it's win win Chelsea or UTD

Also, Liverpool didn't win it, Chelsea would have knocked them out but the ref didn't allow it, and they didn't win the final, Milan lost it...they dominated them so much they switched off and then we got the steven gerrard show

sorry. be gentle.

*floodgates creek open*

DubGuy wrote:
    Liverpool are my least favourite team of all!! :o And unfortunatly the most supported English club in Ireland and on this board imo, so that wont be a popular choice. And to be honest lads, it's cause of their fans! I thought the gloating after the CL was getting so repetative and I don't think they're anything more than an average team who's fans act like they're one of he best. (Kind of why I don't like the English team, media and fans talking as though they're amasing and such an arrogance) Also I think Liverpools CL win was simualr to Greece winning the EC...very average team that was very lucky (in most games imo)...and have steven gerrard.

Also, Liverpool didn't win it, Chelsea would have knocked them out but the ref didn't allow it, and they didn't win the final, Milan lost it...they dominated them so much they switched off and then we got the steven gerrard show :D

sorry. be gentle.
    You were doing fine, a few controversial opinions but none to annoy anybody too much. But then you went for the jugular.........prepare for whats coming. I've got your back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Originally Posted by DubGuy
    Liverpool are my least favourite team of all!! And unfortunatly the most supported English club in Ireland and on this board imo, so that wont be a popular choice. And to be honest lads, it's cause of their fans! I thought the gloating after the CL was getting so repetative and I don't think they're anything more than an average team who's fans act like they're one of he best. (Kind of why I don't like the English team, media and fans talking as though they're amasing and such an arrogance) Also I think Liverpools CL win was simualr to Greece winning the EC...very average team that was very lucky (in most games imo)...and have steven gerrard.

So for me, it's win win Chelsea or UTD

Also, Liverpool didn't win it, Chelsea would have knocked them out but the ref didn't allow it, and they didn't win the final, Milan lost it...they dominated them so much they switched off and then we got the steven gerrard show

sorry. be gentle.

lmao, great post. just wondering, did you read all this in a paper, online somewhere or did you come to all these conclusions from watching liverpool play in the champions league?
    the point you made about the fans is ridiculous tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

DubGuy wrote:
    I'd have to say Chelsea ftw myself...I like morhino's arrogance and over the top antics on the pitch and his outrages comments and claims..he's like a cartoon character or something and I find it all quite amusing :) (plus I like to see Duff achieveing everything he deserves...what a talent!)

Also, there's not that many Chelsea supporters around Ireland (that I know anyway) so you wont hear that much gloating.

As for UTD, I don't really mind them, I like a lot of their players and they've been a great club to watch over the years and have achieved some great things and given some great matches. Plus how could you not like a club led by Roy Keane and all the great matches and performance against the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, juventes etc.

While we're talking about "contenders" the clubs I don't like are Arsenal and Liverpool.

Arsenal because of their players and manager, i don't really like them (although sometimes amasing to watch)

sorry. be gentle.

I am hope i am one of those fans who pissed you off?! ;)

5 times, 5 times la la la. Look at my signature. etc etc..

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i support spurs.
    im not too worried about who finishes 1st or 2nd or 3rd.
    i only care about who we are plating at the weekend, and getting into europe.

these silly petty arguements over quality of football and where a clubs money comes from are a joke. they mean nothing. just some random reason to give for disliking a team.

Ah yes, Liverpool fans............."5 times", "don't buy the sun", "manu are in a decline", "robbie is God" ect.
    How will i fan the flames?

You were Lucky
    I like page 3
    Manu are not in a decline
    And fowler is pretty crap.

You were Lucky
    no they were not
    I like page 3
    well u have to see tits somewhere
    Manu are not in a decline
    they're not on the rise either
    And fowler is pretty crap
    no, he's just not the player he was 4 years ago, but who could be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Time for IBL?

(in before lock)

el rabitos wrote:
    no they were not

yeah, they were.
    el rabitos wrote:
    well u have to see tits somewhere

of course, because if you dont support liverpool, you obviously cant get a giorl. right? another silly little dig at someone becuase you dont agree with what they say. grow up.
    el rabitos wrote:
    they're not on the rise either

on the rise? on the decline? which is it now, or are they just still one of the best teams in europe? i dont know. people keep telling me juve and real madrid are two of the best teams in the world and yet, arsenal made them look pretty ordinary. dont know, what do you base your assumptions on, or do you just pluck them from your arse whenever you have nothing else to say?
    el rabitos wrote:
    no, he's just not the player he was 4 years ago, but who could be?

teddy sheringham? in fact, i think he still the same player he was 10 yers ago before he went to utd.
    but thats not the point. fowler was a short term stop gap. he is not what liverpool need, except for pride of place in liverpools history gallery.
    i think it says something about a club that their forwards dont seem to be as free scoring as their midfield. a player like fowler is not the answer until the team changes the way they play. of course, if you want your midfield scoring inste4ad of your forwards, thats fine, but you need to get a player like robbie keane or wayne rooney, and not an out and out striker like fowler or cisse or drojba etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Historically it seems that Man United and Liverpool are more at odds with each other but I've never had a problem with the 'pool except of course when United are playing them but that's normal. My anti-team would be Arsenal. Wenger piXXes me off big time and their fans can't accept defeat graciously.

The CL Final last year was the footballing hilight of the year and I have to agree with earlier comments Milan lost it and Gerrard was awesome. Of all the united supporters here I reckon many of them were secretly delighted when Liverpool won the CL - I was a bit more public tbh. Our reward for this support was a barrage of (to be expected) new sigs proclaiming 5 times etc.

With Chelsea I just feel cold ! There's no history or record of them being a real threat at any time, they were just another Westham Utd or Spurs. I do thank Maureen though, without him Mario Rosenstock (sp?) wouldn't be as famous. All I can do is laugh at him when I see him.

Next year I'm hoping that the only 2 teams in contention are ManU and 'pool. 2 teams steeped in history and tradition fighting it out . . bit like Barca' and Madrid ?! This year I doubt very much that Chelsea will fluff it. Todays game with Arsenal v United will have a major bearing here, I'm expecting a draw.

ZEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

el rabitos wrote:
    no they weren't
    yeah, they were.

I disagree Eamo, they weren't lucky. They deserved to win the CL, but winning it flattered them, as there were far better packages (squad and manager wise) in the competition...Barcelona, Chelsea for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fer fupps sake it was a year ago will EVERYONE get over it please?!

Mike.

yeah, they were

so we dont agree? get over it, it happened.
    of course, because if you dont support liverpool, you obviously cant get a giorl. right? another silly little dig at someone becuase you dont agree with what they say. grow up

spelling girl properly might be a start, you grow up
    on the rise? on the decline? which is it now, or are they just still one of the best teams in europe? i dont know. people keep telling me juve and real madrid are two of the best teams in the world and yet, arsenal made them look pretty ordinary. dont know, what do you base your assumptions on, or do you just pluck them from your arse whenever you have nothing else to say?

does it have to be either? i dont think united are going to improve significantly enough to win the champions league or the premiership in the next year or 2. i dont think they're going to get any worse either, they'll be in the top 3 or 4 every year. my opinion is not to flame or goad united fans, thats just my opinion, its open to being wrong, u dont agree? fine
    teddy sheringham? in fact, i think he still the same player he was 10 yers ago before he went to utd.
    but thats not the point. fowler was a short term stop gap. he is not what liverpool need, except for pride of place in liverpools history gallery.
    i think it says something about a club that their forwards dont seem to be as free scoring as their midfield. a player like fowler is not the answer until the team changes the way they play. of course, if you want your midfield scoring inste4ad of your forwards, thats fine, but you need to get a player like robbie keane or wayne rooney, and not an out and out striker like fowler or cisse or drojba etc.

if u think teddy sheringham is the same player physically that he was 10 years ago then theres no hope. he's still got the brain for it like few others and thats why he's still playing, not because he's still playing like he's 29.

how do u know fowler is a short term gap? how do you know he's not what liverpool need?

theres very few players around, maybe 3 or 4 in the premiership that can read a game as well as fowler and can survive without bags of pace, shearer, rvn, sherringham....none of which have ever had great pace, but all 4 are amongst the top scorers around. maybe andy cole too.

robbie keane isnt the most impressive striker around. he goes missing for large portions of matches at times and i dont think he's turned out to be the striker he could have. he's done far better this year than he has in previous seasons, and looks far more confident, i'd just like to see him play as consistanly well next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

mike65 wrote:
    I voted Man Utd on the grounds that Chelski are killing the game, as tiresome as Utd fans became back in the mid-late 90s at least they could point to a team that played (and wanted to play) good football. Marueen is anti-football as far as I can tell.

Mike.
    Spot on.
    At least when it was Arsenal vs Man U in the league, season after season, the two teams wanted to play good football, and there was a respect there, even if there was also an intense dislike bordering on hatred.
    Mourinho, Drogba, Kenyon, urgh... Sometimes I wonder how even the Chelsea fans can stomach it, I honestly do.

Ferguson built United. Pure and simple. In 10 years or so he transformed them from an average midtable team to the best in the country, and he did not have the funds Mourniho has at his disposal. As Fergie brought them more success, Utd were able to capitalise on the chances to create a massive merchandising machine as well as the best stadium in England. The huge finances to build a squad capable of challenging (and winning) the Champion's League came AFTER Fergie brought success, not before. And that makes him worthy of respect in my book, respect that I could never give to anyone at Chelsea, especially not the jumped-up arrogant sod that currently occupies the dugout at Stamford Bridge.

ABU? ABC makes more sense...

el rabitos wrote:
    so we dont agree? get over it, it happened.

spelling girl properly might be a start, you grow up

does it have to be either? i dont think united are going to improve significantly enough to win the champions league or the premiership in the next year or 2. i dont think they're going to get any worse either, they'll be in the top 3 or 4 every year. my opinion is not to flame or goad united fans, thats just my opinion, its open to being wrong, u dont agree? fine

if u think teddy sheringham is the same player physically that he was 10 years ago then theres no hope. he's still got the brain for it like few others and thats why he's still playing, not because he's still playing like he's 29.

how do u know fowler is a short term gap? how do you know he's not what liverpool need?

theres very few players around, maybe 3 or 4 in the premiership that can read a game as well as fowler and can survive without bags of pace, shearer, rvn, sherringham....none of which have ever had great pace, but all 4 are amongst the top scorers around. maybe andy cole too.

robbie keane isnt the most impressive striker around. he goes missing for large portions of matches at times and i dont think he's turned out to be the striker he could have. he's done far better this year than he has in previous seasons, and looks far more confident, i'd just like to see him play as consistanly well next year.

Sorry about all this. I'll try hard next time to not ruin a good thread by slagging off 'pool. But sometimes it's too hard to resist. It doesn't take much to get them coming back at you for stuff like spelling and all. "grow up", "no you grow up", "i like tits".......................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I believe Pool will get relagated next season, but don't dare challenge my silly idea, it's only my opinion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

PHB wrote:
    I believe Pool will get relagated next season, but don't dare challenge my silly idea, it's only my opinion!

LOL :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

So a thread for non United fans get hi jacked by well United fans..

• Advertisement

at least my opinion was constructive and i gave a reason for it, ur just talking through ur hole as usual
    LOL

i see the range of ur vocabulary is growing everyday

el rabitos wrote:
    i see the range of ur vocabulary is growing everyday

If you'd like an English lesson, give me a pm. That line should read something like:

"I see the range of your vocabulary is growing everyday".

If you are going to try and slagg someone's English, at least try to make a decent stab at having your own posts correct.

I've an A1 in honours level Leaving Cert English by the way, so I'd imagine my vocabulary is pretty good.

Makes your post even more pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

jank wrote:
    So a thread for non United fans get hi jacked by well United fans..
    There's so many provocative comments being thrown around that some United fans were bound to reply.
    jank wrote:
    Picked Chelsea because I respect United as a club but their supporters are the most brainless dumbwit arrogrant know it alls ever! Especially in Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

There's so many provocative comments being thrown around that some United fans were bound to reply.

:D

I've an A1 in honours level Leaving Cert English by the way, so I'd imagine my vocabulary is pretty good.

*clap*.............................*clap*.........

el rabitos wrote:
    *clap*.............................*clap*.........

Thank you. It is nice to get some recognition. As I said, the offer of English lessons is open, I only charge 30 euro an hour. And 60 to good Liverpool fans like yourself ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

SebtheBum wrote:
    The huge finances to build a squad capable of challenging (and winning) the Champion's League came AFTER Fergie brought success, not before.

Pure garbage. Man United have always been amongst the biggest spenders on transfers and wages long before Ferguson arrived at Old Trafford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

:) True.

Remember Ferguson's second year (?) in charge, when the season before they were nearly relegated but his job was saved by winning the FA cup.

The following season, he was given a few million to spend (in perspective, simular to what Mourinhio has been given, i.e. he could buy any domestic player...in those days foreign players weren't common at all)

My full knowledge of who he bought is sketchy enough, so I'm open to contradiction, but he got in the likes of pallister, bruce, ince, irwin possibly even hughes that year and the reason it quite famously know is that they had the most expensive squad in English history and they lost 5 - 0 to Man city home grown players that year :)

My point anyway is that Ferguson was given a simular position to Morhinio has now and althogh they went on to dominate English football, in fairness it was the most mutualy progressive thing that has made the leauge what it is today as all the other teams had to play catch up and invested hugh amounts in kind and now that a lot of teams have caught up the leauge is much stronger for it.

Now Chelsea will probably dominate for the next 10 years and the leauge will progress hughly to keep in touch and bring it to the next level. I don't think it's a bad thing. Now all the other teams have to do is find themselves a russian billionaire and they're laughing!!

I disagree Eamo, they weren't lucky. They deserved to win the CL, but winning it flattered them, as there were far better packages (squad and manager wise) in the competition...Barcelona, Chelsea for example.

i didnt say they didnt deserve it, but i do there was a number of elements of luck, and i certainly dont feel they were the best team in the job. but they did win it, and i certainly wouldnt take it awayfrom them.
    if u think teddy sheringham is the same player physically
    oh, i dont believe i said physically.
    i mean, if you want to get pedantic, try debating what was said instead of what you want.

and come on, if my spelling is the best you can have a go at, it proves you have little to say about the subject.

still, empty can rattles the most and all that.
    el rabitos wrote:
    If you are going to try and slagg someone's English

at least when you are slagging off someones spelling, try and spell 'slag' right yourself.
    and you may want to have alook at some of your punctuation.

really, i could give you some lessons in trolling if you want. you dont appear to be either very good at it, or know anything about football either.
    pretty much an insult all around really.

PHB wrote:

you obviously know you nothing about football, your opinion is wrong, and you have a big bum....
    and [insert team here] will win the galaxy cup against the martian cup winners next year!

• Advertisement

at least when you are slagging off someones spelling, try and spell 'slag' right yourself.

really, i could give you some lessons in trolling if you want. you dont appear to be either very good at it, or know anything about football either.
    pretty much an insult all around really.

....right, thats lemlins spelling ability your talking about oh mighty wise one, take a look again.
    oh, i dont believe i said physically.
    i mean, if you want to get pedantic, try debating what was said instead of what you want.

so i've said mentally teddy sheringham is still as sharp as he was ten years ago....what part of him, in your mind is still on par with his game 10 years ago?

ah so you agree with me.
    excellent.
    i win, you lose, therefore i know more about football.

have a good day....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

[QUOTE=el rabitos
    ....what part of him, in your mind is still on par with his game 10 years ago?[/QUOTE]

his hair , its amazing hasn't changed a bit in all these years, should be in one of those Wella ads. :D

ah so you agree with me.
    excellent.
    i win, you lose, therefore i know more about football.

have a good day....

aww, cheers. i knew it was in fact me who is the mighty wise one, happy to see u agree with me :D

pretty much an insult all around really

Slag can be spelt with one g or two. Depends on how you want to spell it really. Much in the same way Garry can be spelt with two Rs or one.

I know enough about football to be the runaway leader of the Fantasy Football on here since about Xmas. Doesn't say much about the rest of ye if I know nothing ;)

el rabitos wrote:
    aww, cheers. i knew it was in fact me who is the mighty wise one, happy to see u agree with me :D

hey look at you. nothing left to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

i support manchester united and i think any team the comes back from the points gap chelsea had over the rest of the league deserves respect from everyone and if they do end up giving the league to united its job well done by ferguson! id respect liverpool, arsenal or any club who managed to achieve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

chiller wrote:
    id respect liverpool, arsenal or any club who managed to achieve it.

Would you not respect those teams if they also won the Champions league? Not saying that you personally dont, but as we can see from this thread alot of people dont.

SebtheBum wrote:
    Mourinho, Drogba, Kenyon, urgh... Sometimes I wonder how even the Chelsea fans can stomach it, I honestly do.

I always find it funny have people list kenyon as a reason to hate chelsea. Do people not realise where he came from? Or do they just think he started doing shaddy deals as soon as he joined chelsea? Personally i just think he was alot more careful/lucky at united. Not saying liverpool are perfect, we have done the same, and i am sure we will continue to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Jimboo_Jones

I hold a hatred for all the G14 clubs since they tried to make it so they got into european 'champions' league regardless of where they finished in the league, which to me is more of an evil than trying to buy the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I hold a hatred for all the G14 clubs since they tried to make it so they got into european 'champions' league regardless of where they finished in the league, which to me is more of an evil than trying to buy the league.

I see you believe everything you read in the papers, despite lots of evidence to the contrary

Advertisement