Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup Question

• 07-04-2006 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, this might be my first post in the cricket forum, I do watch the game, especially since moving to Australia, but I feel I don't know enough to actively participate on the forum.

Anyway, in a bid to increase my knowledge, I have a question about the World Cup next year, which Ireland are in, nice one!

I was looking at the Cricket World Cup website today, and came accross this

Teams List

I notice that Ireland is not represented by the Green, White and Orange, rather a Dark Blue flag with a Green bunch of Shamrock.

I take it this means that the Ireland team at the WC will be representing the whole Island?

Also, I don't think we will win the tournament (did I really need to say that?), but how do you think we will do?

I've just been looking at the venues too, and found this a bit strange

Venue Page
    Antigua & Barbuda

Sir Vivian Richards Stadium

Capacity
    20,000 of which 10,000 will be permanent.

Matches
    Super-8.

Status
    New stadium under construction in partnership with People's Republic Of China.
    Overlay Architects
    Hok Sve (Denver, USA).
    China?

What have they to gain from building Cricket Stadia?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Cricket always has been a 32-county thing, much like Rugby.

Our group is West Indies, Pakistan and Zimbabwe... and as I said here before... its not completely beyond us to "do a Kenya", at least out of the group. :)

Packages, as we'll be based in Jamaica, accomodation should be ok to get, a bit better than other islands, for sure, i.e. at least we are not in England's group for that. I don't see any package deals, but I'd be wary of booking deposits just yet, there is one more hurricane season left before the tournament starts, and the ICC themselves think that the WICB will get to host the tournament, but if a few islands and stadia get damaged, I think the have either Australia or SA on stand-by to step in.

Roffle at the A&B stadium supporters!

Advertisement