Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamster Breeders in Ireland

Options
  • 07-04-2006 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi guys!

Does anyone know of any hamster breeders in Ireland? I've owned hamsters for years, but they've all been pet shop hamsters, due to the difficulty of finding a breeder in my area and me not having adequate long range transport. I've suffered a lot of heartache over the years while caring for sickly inbred pet shop animals and am reluctant to buy from a pet shop again. It tears me up, wishing you could make them better, but knowing that you can't. My boyfriend got a car recently, which means I can now travel to find a hamster breeder. I will travel the length and breadth of Ireland to find healthy hamsters!

Does anyone know where I can find a breeder? I'm looking for a few dwarf hamsters to live in a small colony (between 2 and 5 siblings), Robos in particular, but I'm not too pushed as long as they're healthy and happy!

Thanks for all your help! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭tonym

i have two robos male and feamale they dont seem to be breeding at all have had them about 3 months now and nothing so far not sure of thier age but if they do breed ill let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭genegenie

tonym wrote:
    i have two robos male and feamale they dont seem to be breeding at all have had them about 3 months now and nothing so far not sure of thier age but if they do breed ill let you know

Thanks a million :) Whereabouts did you get your pair from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I do breed some hamsters please pm me for more info on species, prices & availability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

How much are they?

Usually charge around 10-15 euro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭tonym

i got them from a pet shop so u know how it gose im not sure of the age and so on they are very agresive i dont handle them one has bitten me twice now i increased the size of the box they were in and they seem happier now bond are your hamsters handled and very tame if they are ill get some off you if thats ok where are u based and what breeds do u have for sale

Robos & hamsters in general tend to be nippy critters - I do keep & breed a few differnt species - I have kept Syrians, Russians, Robos & Chinese hamsters before & they have all been temperamental a lot of my stock came from the uk & from differnt breeders & I still had problems - males seem to be calmer than females - I found robos to be mega hard to breed so no longer keep them. If you want a friendly rodent then gerbils or rats are the way to go - in my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement