Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious Sam 2

Options
  • 07-04-2006 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

Anyone buy this? What is it like? It is on sale in my local Xtravision for €9.99, I loved Serious Sam: The First Encounter, so if it is similar, with better graphics, I'll go for it. That said, I saw Painless for a similar price recently and think I'd like that too - anyone play both? Any preference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Have it on the Xbox and I believe it's identical to the PC version. It's a great no-brainer shooter with some real intesnse action. If you liked the first one, you'll love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

ionapaul wrote:
    Anyone buy this? What is it like? It is on sale in my local Xtravision for €9.99, I loved Serious Sam: The First Encounter, so if it is similar, with better graphics, I'll go for it. That said, I saw Painless for a similar price recently and think I'd like that too - anyone play both? Any preference?

Played the PC demo in Co-op mode for ages when it first came out, it's great fun.

For €9.99 it'd be worth the risk anyway, even if you turn out not to like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I played the PC demo and didn't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Its not as good as Serious Sam 1, and the lack of an infinate lives option for co-op (theres a mod for it tho) hurts it a bit too, however the shotguns are excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ionapaul wrote:
    You mean Painkiller?
    I personally preferred Painkiller to SS2... I couldn't really be bothered playing through more than the first couple of levels in SS2 (
    i got as far as a helicopter boss afair
    )
    Painkiller, however, was entertaining through to the end.*
    in fact, i'd sooner reinstall Painkiller for a quick blast than SS2

*If your idea of entertainment is blowing **** up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Well for €9.99 I couldn't resist and I installed SS2 over the weekend - have to say it is very enjoyable so far! Same as SS1 with regard lots of baddies and lots of running backwards while blasting for all you're worth!

Advertisement