Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luigi Malones or Pasta Fresca?

• 07-04-2006 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to compare menus, or even advice on which is nicer, Pasta Fresca or Luigi Malones? Myself and my gf need to book somewhere for our 'anniversary' tomorrow night and we were thinking of either of these two because we've been there before, and we like the romantic setting.

I can check the menu on the Luigi Malones website, but can't find the Pasta Fresca one. Does anyone recommend any other romantic spots or have an opinion on which restaurant would be better?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

faigs wrote:
    Hi, I'm looking to compare menus, or even advice on which is nicer, Pasta Fresca or Luigi Malones? Myself and my gf need to book somewhere for our 'anniversary' tomorrow night and we were thinking of either of these two because we've been there before, and we like the romantic setting.

I can check the menu on the Luigi Malones website, but can't find the Pasta Fresca one. Does anyone recommend any other romantic spots or have an opinion on which restaurant would be better?

Thanks.
    Luigi Malones is by far the nicer of the two. The service is good, food is good and compared to many other places not that expensive either. Enjoy:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Pasta Fresca is WAY better imo. The best Italian in Ireland has to be the Unicorn though, on lower Baggot St. Bring plenty of cash, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

if romantic is what your going for I suggest you try Il Vignardos on store street inside the hotel issacs, excellent food, not too expensive and very intimate

http://www.dublinks.com/index.cfm/loc/8/spid/61419CF6-4A65-49EA-8CFE728D9A8A6541/pt/0.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

kizzyr wrote:
    Luigi Malones is by far the nicer of the two. The service is good, food is good and compared to many other places not that expensive either. Enjoy:cool:

Luigi Malones is one of the most average restaurants in the city. It's for tourists and beginners. :cool:

...wind wind...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TJ1904

I would always choose Pasta Fresca over Luigi Malones.
    It is proper italian food, really homemade. Apparently they even make all the pasta themselves!

They also have a restaurant in Naas which in personally prefer. It is a bit on the expensive side but its certainly worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Pasta Fresca is lovely, i'd fully recommend it, its not hugely expensive, theres a nice atmosphere and the food is delicious.

EDIT: After just now looking at the date of the OP's post, my post seems somewhat redundant.

Advertisement