Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harry Smith signed to WWE

• 07-04-2006 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

Its been out a while now that he signed at Wrestlemania although Teddy Hart did n't get picked up.

It should be interesting for a few reasons. There not sending him to OVW and are bringing him straight up to the main roster. Also his age, being that he's only 18/19. And then with his father being Davey Boy Smith, his uncle being Bret Hart and his grandad being Stu Hart, its quite the line of people who he's following on from.

I've never seen him wrestle but apparently for his age he's really really good. I just hope its not too soon of a jump.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

It will be interesting to see how they bring him into the WWE. I heard that he is a good wrestler! We won't see him in WWE til May because of wrestling commitments in Europe.

The wrestling channel are showing some of the 1PW shows that were on in March. He competed there, so he may be shown on the show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

He had the chance to sign with them before I think, but he turned them down as he wanted to hone his skills in Japan. I remember Lance Storm saying that if he ever did sign with the WWE, he wouldn't need to go to OVW.

I've seen some of his matches on Youtube. He uses the running powerbomb as his finisher just like his father.

He looked good to me in the match I watched but he was wrestling a much smaller guy and so I wasn't really able to judge his technical ability.

There's definititely alot of potential for the guy through his name alone - a match with HBK for example, well, you don't really need much of a storyline do you?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Yeah Henry Smith is meant to be a pretty good performer already. Im surprised he isn't going to go to OVW for a while at least. I hope he isnt pushed as his fathers son, because that will get boring after a while and really stunt his development.

Thank god that piece of **** Teddy Hart wasn't hired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Plus a bit of time to develop his mic skills might be good.

I think they have to push his family roots. There just too big too ignore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

They will definitely book him as his fathers son and use his lineage in the storylines - whether thats a good thing or not is up for debate.

In Stampede, he was in a tag team called the Stempede Bulldogs and wore the British colours. Dont be surprised if hes brought into WWE as "the British Bulldog" or as some name involving the word "bulldog".

• Advertisement

He recently posted on his myspace confirming it also:
    “Hello everybody. I am currently in Germany right now filling out some commitments. YES, the rumors are true, I am signing with the WWE when I return home. The contract is to start on the main roster, and I will bypass OVW or any other developmental camps. I want to thank my friends and family so much for always being there for me, but I especially want to thank my fans. You have all been a true support to me.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Maybe into a feud with Burchill? A few weeks of Regal as his wench then after humiliating him Regal unleashes him on Paul setting up a feud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

He uses the running powerbomb as his finisher just like his father.

Running powerslam, you mean? Unless he uses a powerbomb, I don't know, I haven't seen him yet. Heard a good bit about him though, big lad. I know Regal told him not to sign with WWE now, because he'd be crazy to. I sort of feel the same way. It's like a young footballer signing with Chelsea. He might have a good run, but it could all be over in a couple of years. Those years he could have spent travelling the world and becoming the complete wrestler. Ya never know though, maybe he can fulfil his supposed potential in WWE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote:
    Running powerslam, you mean? Unless he uses a powerbomb, I don't know, I haven't seen him yet.

Whoops, mixed the words up. Yeah it's a running powerslam alright. I would say he will be allowed use that in the WWE unless they request him to use the sharpshooter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

If burchill drops the pirate act at any stage might be interesting to see them team up as the new bulldogs.

• Advertisement

Harry Smith made his WWE debut at last night's Raw brand house show. He defeated Rob Conway with a rollup.

Credit: Top-rope.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i wonder how bret feels about him working for the wwe.

Harry said in an interview with The Sun that Bret is all for it. I think he told him to go around the world and travel and get experience, but WWE is where the money is

Hope that's not his finisher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

They will definitely book him as his fathers son and use his lineage in the storylines - whether thats a good thing or not is up for debate.

In Stampede, he was in a tag team called the Stempede Bulldogs and wore the British colours. Dont be surprised if hes brought into WWE as "the British Bulldog" or as some name involving the word "bulldog".

Well, I don't think he can use "British Bulldog" as it would be too confusing. Maybe the "Half-bred Canadian/British Bulldog" or the "British Bullpuppy". :rolleyes: :D

I think he said in the same interview that he'd have no problems being called the British Bulldog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

What are the chances of seeing a match like that in WWE though?

Advertisement