Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yes yes, it's all about oblivion...

Options
  • 07-04-2006 4:09pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well, just got a new laptop today and I am wondering if and how well it will play oblivion?

pentium M 760(2MB L2 cache,2.0 GHz, 533 Mhz FSB)

ATI MOBILITY RADEON x600 PCI Express/128MB VRAM

1GB DDR

http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPF-Acer_LX_A5205_048

Also quick question, what is better - ati mobility x600 or 9800(gt or xt or something).
    And which is better, Pentium 4 3.0 ghz or the processor above.
    Different laptop. Which would be better for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Should be alright to play it but you will need to tweak the details in game to get it running smoothly.

There is an in-depth guide at tweaking Oblivion at this link have a read over and you should get a good idea what settings to change.

Another guide at this link as well.

I'd say the one with the 9800 mobility might run it a bit faster but the PM 760 is the better CPU so I don't know tricky one to call if you can try both and see what happens.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

8T8 wrote:
    Should be alright to play it but you will need to tweak the details in game to get it running smoothly.

There is an in-depth guide at tweaking Oblivion at this link have a read over and you should get a good idea what settings to change.

Another guide at this link as well.

I'd say the one with the 9800 mobility might run it a bit faster but the PM 760 is the better CPU so I don't know tricky one to call if you can try both and see what happens.
    Hey thanks a lot dude, I shall check it out.

I have some trouble telling the difference between graphics cards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The M is better then the p4 but the x600 won't run it well at all...the 9800 would be better but not by an awful lot. You will definately be able to run Oblivion no problems, but you might have to turn alot of stuff off or down, as well as a low resolution to keep it running smoothly.

The rest of the specs are nice though, a better gfx card would've made it a fairly good gaming laptop.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I twas a free replacement that is a bit better than wahat was replaced...me no complaining. :)
    Sure as long as it runs I don't care about the special crap. :)
    Thanks!

Advertisement