Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Info

Options
  • 07-04-2006 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for plans for my housing estate which is was built more than 40 years ago. I need to see the layout of the drainage/sewage system. The council (SDCC) only have sewage out on the public road (or so they say). Anyone any ideas on where I would get the original plans or should I just forget about it given the age............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

to be honest i think that such an old property, plans probably dont show where the pipes go, and even if they do it is rarely followed (experience talking here).
    Best thing to do is work it out by looking where the manhole outside your house is, open it and see direction of pipe and find where manhole on road is that it is going to and figure a straight(ish) line between both would be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Thanks gibo, I was gonna do that anyway. I moved into the house 6 months ago and only yesterday found two manholes under paving slabs. I bought the house with PP for a 2 storey extension that I plan to build but the PP was granted subject to additional info being submitted re:Drainage/Sewage. I've 3 AJs and two manholes so I'll have to use the 'bucket of water' technique and see what connects to what and try and draw a plan myself. My house seems to be at the beginning of the drain/sewer run as the road falls downhill slightly so I don't think I'll have much trouble with the planning (I hope)

Advertisement